SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have recommendation on more aggressive footpegs for the SV? The OEM ones are fine for road use, but I will be doing some track days soon and would like something that is all metal with a textured/serrated grip surface that doesn't require different rearsets. There are a few examples on ebay that look like they match what I want, but I'd like to stick with a known manufacturer.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,399 Posts
RSP04BK is the part number for the Vortex pegs.....

You might have to call them and ask about availability

I actually need new OEM front pegs for mine, they are worn smooth and wet weather riding is a bit scary....

·
Registered
137 Posts
These slash-cut Emgos work pretty well with my Sidi boots:

IIRC I needed to open the pivot hole slightly to work with the OEM SV pivot sleeve, and a little file work to get them to the angle I prefer but it wasn't much.

I probably got these from Dennis Kirk, but Amazon shows them in stock for $21/pair.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,399 Posts
These slash-cut Emgos work pretty well with my Sidi boots:

IIRC I needed to open the pivot hole slightly to work with the OEM SV pivot sleeve, and a little file work to get them to the angle I prefer but it wasn't much.

I probably got these from Dennis Kirk, but Amazon shows them in stock for $21/pair.

How do you go with these in the wet ? Do they get slippery ?

·
Registered
137 Posts
How do you go with these in the wet ? Do they get slippery ?
I'd think that will depend on the boot you're wearing; I haven't found solid footing to be an issue with the Sidis (somewhat recent Vertebra series) in the rain, but a different sole might need a more aggressive knurl.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info everyone. Those slash cut emgos look like they would be worth experimenting with, especially for the price.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went with the Emgos, and for the price they are pretty great. More grip at the expense of some comfort (to be expected losing the rubber surface), more cornering clearance since there are no peg feelers, and the adjustable peg rotation seems beneficial in theory. Probably going to locktite that bolt once I find my preferred position to be on the safe side.

I had to do some minor work with a metal file to get the sleeve to fit as ejh2854 stated, but it took all of 30 seconds for each peg. All in all, a worthwhile upgrade for just over 20 bucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts