SV Portal Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Hi,

does anyone know the dimensions of the fork springs in 2003 S model?

Im looking at buying some new springs from this website.

http://www.dfaulknersprings.com/standard_springs.htm

The only other springs i can find are ohlins at £110.

This site sells them at £25 and does them at a weight of 450 lbs, which is right for my weight.
Racetech sells everything related to suspension, including springs... see:

http://racetech.com/ProductSearch/2/Suzuki/SV1000, S/2003-04

Don't know about shipping to Great Britain, but based on the exchange rate, theirs seem cheaper than Ohlins.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Stock springs are only about 30mm inside with the ends necked down to 25mm or so. OAL in inches mine are 10.25.....from a K7S model.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry to revive a very old thread but I'm sort of looking for European equivalent to Race tech or Sonic Springs so I was checking out K-tech and they seem to have a lot of different fork springs. So I'm wondering does anyone know the following?
1. How long is the stock spring(K3 SV1000S)? - K-tech have various options from 250mm to 285mm.
2. What is it`s inner diameter? - K-tech have options with 24 inside diameter.
3. What is it`s outer diameter? - K tech have 38 mm outside diameter .

Thank you very much.

Best regars,

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,272 Posts
Sorry to revive a very old thread but I'm sort of looking for European equivalent to Race tech or Sonic Springs so I was checking out K-tech and they seem to have a lot of different fork springs. So I'm wondering does anyone know the following?
1. How long is the stock spring(K3 SV1000S)? - K-tech have various options from 250mm to 285mm.
2. What is it`s inner diameter? - K-tech have options with 24 inside diameter.
3. What is it`s outer diameter? - K tech have 38 mm outside diameter .

Thank you very much.

Best regars,
The minimum service length of the spring is 290mm on the bench..... dont know the inside diameter or the outside, but, compare them to the Race Tech
recommendations, because they are correct for sure.......
The overall lengthe of the spring when it is installed in the leg is important thing..... look up relaxed versus actual preload settings on the Race Tech site

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anyone used Mupo straight rate springs?
Race tech ones will cost me an arm and a leg...to ship, so I'm considering only European options right now.

Thanks.

·
KNEE DRAGGER
5,113 Posts
Anyone used Mupo straight rate springs?

Race tech ones will cost me an arm and a leg...to ship, so I'm considering only European options right now.

Thanks.

What about Sonic?
-ms

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,272 Posts
Shipping costs have gone through the roof over the last few years..... thought about it a bit, and the best idea i can come up with is that trade agreements have deliberately forced them up to
make people buy within their own countries as much as possible....

Only reason Chinese crap is cheap is because, one, the commies are subsidising it, and two, they ship huge crates of stuff to a central location and then post it locally.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts