SV Portal Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title says I'm looking for a front brake master cylinder.
Made a stupid mistake and scared the mating surface for banjo bolt - not going to seal propperly without machining.

Seller from within EU are preferred, then I can avoid taxes and import fees.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,321 Posts
Take the MC off the bike and mount it in a vice, or something similar, with the banjo surface facing down....then use a fine file, or 120 grit paper on a flat bar and gently and evenly file the surface flat....
might take a little while, but should work......at worst, if it dont, then nothing lost......
You could even hold the MC in yor hand and carefully run it back and forward over the file or paper.....

Keeping the banjo surfce pointing down should prevent too much ingress of shavings.....plugging the hole with a rubber bung with a little bit of grease on the outside to catch shavings will help......otherwise, disassemble the MC and get a repair kit for good measure

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was actual afraid I might never get alignment between the mating surfaces right if I was going to do it by hand. But slow and steady always win the race.
But you are right it's free to give it a try if I do not find a MC locally I can pick up for cheap.

Take the MC off the bike and mount it in a vice, or something similar, with the banjo surface facing down....then use a fine file, or 120 grit paper on a flat bar and gently and evenly file the surface flat....
might take a little while, but should work......at worst, if it dont, then nothing lost......
You could even hold the MC in yor hand and carefully run it back and forward over the file or paper.....

Keeping the banjo surfce pointing down should prevent too much ingress of shavings.....plugging the hole with a rubber bung with a little bit of grease on the outside to catch shavings will help......otherwise, disassemble the MC and get a repair kit for good measure

1 - 3 of 3 Posts