SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last time on the fork issue!

I am having the forks redone on Saturday, is there any difference between the 03 and 07 forks as my workshop manual is from a 2003 Sv1000 s

kind regards Shamless

·
KNEE DRAGGER
5,140 Posts
The 03/04 and 05 and up are different and the later were not that easy to revalve.

The later were just simple sealed steel cartridges that used a smaller rod.

I posted a method to dismantle the later cartridges and revalve if needed.

I typically use a different oil than spec in the later forks, especially if aftermarket springs are used.

-ms

·
Registered
12 Posts
The 03/04 and 05 and up are different and the later were not that easy to revalve.

The later were just simple sealed steel cartridges that used a smaller rod.

I posted a method to dismantle the later cartridges and revalve if needed.

I typically use a different oil than spec in the later forks, especially if aftermarket springs are used.

-ms
Old post I know why do you use a different spec oil is this after a revalve or just heavier oil to help with control with std shim stacks? Btw thanks for you write up on the 05 on cartridges I thought they would be just peens as some other forks.

MM

·
KNEE DRAGGER
5,140 Posts
Old post I know why do you use a different spec oil is this after a revalve or just heavier oil to help with control with std shim stacks? Btw thanks for you write up on the 05 on cartridges I thought they would be just peens as some other forks.

MM
Yes, different oil to deal with a lack of rebound control due to heavier spring rates.
-ms

1 - 5 of 5 Posts