SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Fellow SV Riders,

I am looking for a fitting kit for the lower fairing panels I just got for my 03 Sv1000s. Have tried suzuki website and doesnt seem to be that you can get the kit without buying the panels as well? They are genuine sv1000 lowers, I bought them second hand from crescents, but they didnt have a kit when I bought them, and I thought I would be easily able to get one later :unsure:

·
Shit Happens
3,595 Posts
:no:Unfortunately for you most people leave the lower brackets on as they are a pain to remove but you should at least have got the stalks for the crash bungs. When I sold mine on I managed to get the whole kit off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thanks guys
no didnt get even the storks for the crash mushrooms, starting to think i should have asked a few more questions when i bought them....:shocking:

thanks for the JHS tip, going to email them now and see whether they can sort me out :niceone:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hummm

Hi all

Have tried JHS, got the bad news. they say that you cant buy a fairing fitting kit without the fairings so I would have to buy a new fairing set :crazy:

So, does anyone know of anyone who has one for sale, maybe from taking the fairings off?

Failing that I will have to sell them on I think, I wont be out of order, il sell them at a reduced price and be totally upfront with the buyers about the fitting kit situation.

They are the lower fairings from the SV1000SZ model.

:confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I might be able to help mate. When my bike fell off its stand, I found it cheaper to buy a new set of lowers off Ebay than have them resprayed. I therefore have a spare used set compete with (I think, I will have to check) all the fittings. The main left hand mount is a slightly bent (only a few mm), but you can still mount the lower with it (or you could tweek it back into shape with a vice/hammer/whatever). I should also be able to copy the fitting instructions for you as there are quite a few bits and pieces in the fitting kit. I was going to put the lot on Ebay, but if we can agree a price (and I can locate all the bits) then I think I can split it for you.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
And this is exactly why I love this site.... There is almost always a solutions to a members problem/issue...:niceone:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SMGEE

Hey Man

Thanks for the reply, if you have a fitting kit that you could split I would be very interested. I had pretty much resigned myself to selling them on but you may have saved the day :first:

If you want to have a think about what you want for the fitting kit and let me that would be great. Im on Spain at the mo just doing a bit of work but il be back in the next week or so, and perhaps we can arrange something re payment/delivery etc.

Speak soon mate.

Scott22:D

·
Gone Surfing
1,229 Posts
I have the entire 2003 "special edition" lower fairing kit in pewter and will be putting it up for sale as soon as the shop takes the brackets off the bike. Can be painted to match any color. They were on the bike for less than 2500 miles. Excellent condition.
Picture here: http://www.bulletpress.com/photos/sv-lower-fairing.jpg
Off topic:....That bike is parked next to the William Tell House on Hyw 1 In cali...I live just a few miles west. Lets hook up and ride :niceone:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Steve

Hey Steve

Thanks for the reply, sounds great just give me a shout when you have found them and decided on price etc.

Scott22:bigclap:

·
Registered
35 Posts
fairing kit...

Definately cannot part-out out the kit. It's in pristine condition -- would be a shame to break it up.

To: Norcal Hydroguy:
You are correct, that is the Wm. Tell in Tomales.
Been parking in that spot since 1986. ;-)
It's a wonder I don't know you. Perhaps we've crossed paths on The Sunday Ride over the years. Anyway, should you see that bike parked there in the future stop and introduce yourself. I'm pretty easy to pick out in the crowd -- I'm the only one who's not a guy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
one more curiosity...

What does this mean? L-Plate Rider
It's driving me nuts. I see it under my handle -- and other handles -- but don't find any reference to it under my User CP.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
:eek:fftopic:
Learners Plate..

It refers to your status on the forum.. A Newbie....

It goes away after 100 posts or something like that...

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the entire 2003 "special edition" lower fairing kit in pewter and will be putting it up for sale as soon as the shop takes the brackets off the bike. Can be painted to match any color. They were on the bike for less than 2500 miles. Excellent condition.
Picture here: http://www.bulletpress.com/photos/sv-lower-fairing.jpg
Not trying to jack the thread, but I am looking for lower fairings as well. If anyone wants to sell theirs and doesn't have it listed elsewhere pm me and I will try to get them off your hands.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lower Fairing Fixing Kit Found

Hi Guy's

i have had the same problem, however i have managed to find the Suzuki part number for the Lower Fairing fitting kit only.

It can be ordered from any Suzuki dealer and costs about £47 (postage included)

it comes with all fittings for the lower fairings (NOT BELLY PAN).

i ordered mine yesterday and it has turned up today for me to pick up.

Suzuki No - 99ODO16G20HAL

Hope this helps, plus i know there is a fixing kit the SV650 as well.

·
"Kiss my Ass"
13,712 Posts
Hi Guy's

i have had the same problem, however i have managed to find the Suzuki part number for the Lower Fairing fitting kit only.

It can be ordered from any Suzuki dealer and costs about £47 (postage included)

it comes with all fittings for the lower fairings (NOT BELLY PAN).

i ordered mine yesterday and it has turned up today for me to pick up.

Suzuki No - 99ODO16G20HAL

Hope this helps, plus i know there is a fixing kit the SV650 as well.

Hi and welcome to the site, that is a nice bit of detective work there. Will surely come in handy for some of the members.:niceone:

·
Waiting to go for a boat ride
13,218 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site, that is a nice bit of detective work there. Will surely come in handy for some of the members.:niceone:
Agreed! I changed the name of the thread and highlighted his post a bit!

Many people have looked for this stuff for ages!

Great to have you here!:banana:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts