SV Portal Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Waiting to go for a boat ride
13,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Google just released today their new never before offered Web Browser. If you are unaware of what a web browser is... It's what you used to read this forum. IE or FireFox are two others. It is currently only available for the Microsoft crowd but will soon be available for us Mac guys.

Google Chrome :headbang:

·
Mentally Disturbed
1,737 Posts
I just read about and downloaded it.I tis pretty plain right now. Well will have to give it a try

·
XLR8
3,195 Posts
Ever since Google started selling search info (and giving it the the Government) I quit using it for a search engine. Not only that but they list search results for products by priority of the highest bidder. I found this out through one of our vendors. There's my Maui rant for the Month......:angry2:

·
Mentally Disturbed
1,737 Posts
yessir but I seem to always go back to firefox:buggerd::buggerd:

·
Low down dirty whore
2,332 Posts
wow, thats wierd. I just heard about it on the radio, so I downloaded it, went here and saw this post! Like anything new that is "differant" it will take some getting used to. I'm going to use it solely for a while until i finger things out. I'll let you know if its any good or not.

·
Registered
886 Posts
tacp, did you come from firefox?

·
Low down dirty whore
2,332 Posts
tacp, did you come from firefox?
no, i did not!

I love my "sexplorer"

my wife uses it.. my kid does too..... only because of myspace...

I run my shat tight, and IE gets shut the F* down as soon as silly crap happens. my space is like 20/20.. i told my wife if she wants to "blog" use firefox. it's been good. i Laugh when i'm gone for 2 weeks and she tried it on IE..

If my comp had a boot attatched, it would.... (yay!)

·
Low down dirty whore
2,332 Posts
FYI, I just proof read my shat, and I'm drunk... but firefox is a good "medium" either u dislike IE or u dont
if u like it, stick with it
if u dont.. FU :p

J/K..brb... peeing :p

·
Registered
886 Posts
i'm always up for a faster browser but my wife is pretty hooked on IE and wouldn't want to learn a new program. If it doesn't have spyware, pop blocker and things like that i don't want to use it. My wife and kid uses myspace and other blog sites frequently.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I've been using Chrome for a bit. It seems to work
ok. It does a better job with a couple of sites than
IE does. Here, Chrome doesn't seem to display all
the "Awards" correctly.

·
N of Atlanta
7,697 Posts
I've been using Chrome for a bit. It seems to work
ok. It does a better job with a couple of sites than
IE does. Here, Chrome doesn't seem to display all
the "Awards" correctly.
Webmasters write for IE first, so with any "new" browser, you will probably find anomalies. I always try new browsers, but keep coming back to IE, because it's easy and configurable, without a lot of silly-looking icons. Testing out IE8 now. I did like Opera a good bit.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Pez, yes, and it's a shame that web folks have to do that, write to
IE. They should write to the standards.

·
Registered
132 Posts
So did any of you using Google Chrome Beta actually read the EULA before they got caught and changed it?

http://tapthehive.s483.sureserver.com/discuss/This_Post_Not_Made_In_Chrome_Google_s_EULA_Sucks

11. Content license from you

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.

11.2 You agree that this license includes a right for Google to make such Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals with whom Google has relationships for the provision of syndicated services, and to use such Content in connection with the provision of those services.

11.3 You understand that Google, in performing the required technical steps to provide the Services to our users, may (a) transmit or distribute your Content over various public networks and in various media; and (b) make such changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media. You agree that this license shall permit Google to take these actions.

11.4 You confirm and warrant to Google that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the above license.

No thanks. I may just quit using their search too.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts