SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Jason I recently bought a 2003 sv1000s. I love riding it as I love riding period but I have been having some mechanical issues. First the magnets fell off my flywheel and got ground into a nice magnetic paste. It was a little expensive to fix but i didnt mind cuz I got the bike for a good price. Since then I have been having a problem when I try to open up to full throttle. The bike stutters supper hard like i hit the brakes. I have ran some cleaner thru the gas for the injectors, cleaned the air filter, made sure my fuel didnt have any kinks or twists, then I put her into dealer mode and my tps is in the correct position and I am not showing any codes. Does anyone have any idea what is making my bike stutter like that. When you are doing over 100mph that is a big surprise to feel it jerk like that

·
KNEE DRAGGER
5,199 Posts
My name is Jason I recently bought a 2003 sv1000s. I love riding it as I love riding period but I have been having some mechanical issues. First the magnets fell off my flywheel and got ground into a nice magnetic paste. It was a little expensive to fix but i didnt mind cuz I got the bike for a good price. Since then I have been having a problem when I try to open up to full throttle. The bike stutters supper hard like i hit the brakes. I have ran some cleaner thru the gas for the injectors, cleaned the air filter, made sure my fuel didnt have any kinks or twists, then I put her into dealer mode and my tps is in the correct position and I am not showing any codes. Does anyone have any idea what is making my bike stutter like that. When you are doing over 100mph that is a big surprise to feel it jerk like that
I would be checking fuel flow and pressure.
-ms

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,848 Posts
Also, check the sidestand switch.....they can vibrate and upset the throttle a lot....i bypassed mine.....

Reactions: Urbanjugle

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,848 Posts
OK I just got rid of the switch all together. Gonna check my fuel pressure next. I appreciate the help!!!
The sidestand switch plug, under the tank, needs to have the "bike" side of the connector bridged so the bike still thinks the switch is there.... i should have said that earlier....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you I had already bridged the plug. I just took the fuel pump out and cleaned the filter. I also took the injectors off and one of the o rings was super brittle, It tore when I put the injector back. I am wondering if it wasnt sealed properly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts