SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 sv1000
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

I've been sorting out my SV and I'm really starting to enjoy it.
I've been invited to go down to the Burt Munro event in Invercargill in February.
its approximately 1200km from where I live one way.

The problem is there is no way I could do this on my SV with its current setup. two hours and i can't feel my right hand and my back is struggling. So is the handlebar conversion really worth it. I still want to be able to beat on the bike and do track days with it. would the bar conversion impede on this? would I just get use to it?

From what I can gather the conversion would cost me around 600 - 700 dollars nz so would be fairly costly.
Has anyone in NZ done this conversion and have good sources for bits?

Interested to hear feedback especially from those who have ridden with both setups.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
2,018 Posts
Going the naked bar route is gonna be more comfy, no doubts at all..... track wise, maybe a flatter bar then OEM naked would split the difference enough ?

Reactions: Urbanjugle

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have high rise heli bars that are adjustable for height, wrist angle and axis angle - that I dont think I'll ever use now.
They can be installed on top of or under the S's triple. They wont fit under an N triple, only over it but then again any one with an N isn't looking for clip on's (except my confused little bike)
Shipping to NZ will be a killer. I'd sell for $150 USD. BTW you'll definitely need longer brake lines with it unless you really dropped in the triples and ran it under them. But then again what's the whole point then.

·
Registered
69 Posts
TopYokes triple with Renthal 758 bars on mine much better than the clip-ons (for me) on the road and I'd be quite happy to do a track day with this set-up - Just depends on how commited you want to be.
This triple and bars only moves the bars up a little but moves them rearward a bit more and they work quite happily within the confines of the "S" fairing/screen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts