SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone put one of "Vandrivers" (from the TL forums) Front Brake Reservoir on. I am not exactly a mechanical genius so any tip, tricks, hints would be most appreciated.

Also any pictures of his front brake res or clutch res installed on an SV may be helpful and "will" be appreciated either way.

No slight to Dougz stuff cause I didn't know about him when I purchased these and not sure he has them either.

·
BANNED!!!!
3,473 Posts
The clutch res is dead easy... suck the fluid out with a syringe, leaving a little to keep the inlet on the body wet, then undo the screw, put the new one on, do up the screw, refill, done.

The brake one involves pulling up the boot, taking the circlip out, pulling the old hose tail out, then reversing the process :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK so clutch is no prob.

But I hate circlips (I always called em "c-clips"). Damn things are a PITA to work with. Sounds like the Frnt Brake is do-able but maybe a several beer process.

I need to get me a Service Manual and some good pliers.

Thanks a lot. That's why this forum keeps me from getting laid at home.
"Are you on the F*%$&%$* Computer again !!! :spank: :spank:

:beer:

The clutch res is dead easy... suck the fluid out with a syringe, leaving a little to keep the inlet on the body wet, then undo the screw, put the new one on, do up the screw, refill, done.

The brake one involves pulling up the boot, taking the circlip out, pulling the old hose tail out, then reversing the process :)

·
BANNED!!!!
3,473 Posts
The reason they're a pain in the arse to work with is because you do not have the correct tool. With the correct circlip plier, taking them in and out becomes a trivial task, let me assure you :yes:

Do not fear the circlip...it's an excuse to buy tools. Buying tools is nearly better than sex :second:

As for getting pussy... the SV and the svportal will be here long after your wife leaves you ;) :D

·
BANNED!!!!
3,473 Posts
I better be right... if you've read my last post in the underseat exhaust thread.... :rofl:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gee how did you know.. ???!!
:eek:i:

The reason they're a pain in the arse to work with is because you do not have the correct tool. With the correct circlip plier, taking them in and out becomes a trivial task, let me assure you :yes:

Do not fear the circlip...it's an excuse to buy tools. Buying tools is nearly better than sex :second:

As for getting pussy... the SV and the svportal will be here long after your wife leaves you ;) :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts