SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a problem that I have not been able to identify. When attaching my rear sets I noticed 3 tubes by the oil reservoir. I was partially informed that they are breather tubes upon looking at the manual I could not find where there would be 3 could anyone look at the picture and help me figure out where this 3rd tube came from and if it came unattached from somewhere. Right side of bike.

Attachments

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,900 Posts
Welcome....

The front hose is the tell-tale hose for the water pump to warn of a failed water pump seal......tuck it back behind the spoiler....
The other 2 are the overflow form the coolant bottle, and the overflow from the fuel tank....you will see its other end when the fuel cap is open.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome....

The front hose is the tell-tale hose for the water pump to warn of a failed water pump seal......tuck it back behind the spoiler....
The other 2 are the overflow form the coolant bottle, and the overflow from the fuel tank....you will see its other end when the fuel cap is open.....
CHEERS! This was so helpful. Just to get more clarity. There should be 3 open ends? And what would occur when water pump is bad. Would it leak?
Thank you. She my new tinker bike so I'm learning as I go.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,900 Posts
Yes, it will dribble coolant from it.... and all 3 should not be blocked

1 - 4 of 4 Posts