SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I recently removed a dual headlight setup that looks pretty much like these: https://www.amazon.com/Dominator-Streetfighter-Motorcycle-Motorbike-Headlight/dp/B00S407S0S

Unfortunately, when re-mounting the OEM bucket and 7" headlamp, the wiring wasn't plug and play.

1. Here's the original headlight setup I was dealing with. You can see on the left-hand side there's a standard H4 pigtail/plug. This is eventually what I need to end up with as I have an H4 male plug you'll see in later photos. The dual head-light setup has a connector I've not seen so I assume this was done by the previous owner to get this setup to work.
Automotive lighting Vision care Eyewear Drinkware Audio equipment

2. This is just showing the dual headlight connector and what's coming off of the harness and how it was originally powered.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Glove Personal protective equipment Engineering

3. Another look at the existing wiring.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

4. And here's an image with the OEM bucket mounted and the LED bulb/ballast w/H4 connector I need to be able to plug in.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bicycle tire

Do I just need to cut off that older 3 plug/pin connector and connect a female H4 pigtail? I've also seen some setups that go straight to the battery instead, does anyone have any experience with those?

I've ordered a set of 4 Yoshimura LED turn signals and I think I'll also need to re-wire those as they come with bullet style connectors. Not sure yet, but I may post a follow up in this thread.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Would it be better to just buy a new (used/ebay) wiring loom that hasn't been messed with like this? Or does everything on the existing harness look OK to modify for my needs? If I need additional parts, links would be super helpful.

Thank you!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts