SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've literally just fitted one of these to my 2005 SV1000S (in Sydney). Mainly for the gear indicator. I set it to 6 and just came back from a test run. It "seems" a little more free in the lower gears, but certainly nothing radical, and without data it is just subjective anyway. I'm going to go for a long run and try some other settings.

The gear indicator works perfectly.

·
Registered
2007 SV1000s
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've literally just fitted one of these to my 2005 SV1000S (in Sydney). Mainly for the gear indicator. I set it to 6 and just came back from a test run. It "seems" a little more free in the lower gears, but certainly nothing radical, and without data it is just subjective anyway. I'm going to go for a long run and try some other settings.

The gear indicator works perfectly.
Yes. Main reason I bought mine as well. Haven't ridden it yet as it" just been rain,rain,rain here In Rotorua NZ. Am not expecting much in the way of power increase, but a little more down low would be nice. I believe what you can feel is prob all we are gonna feel. But better than before is always good, no matter how small the gain.

·
Registered
2007 SV1000s
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well. We had some sun today so I got the old girl out for its first skid with the GIpro arte installed. Initial feel down the road was as per "tnd". It felt a bit more free low down. Later I had the chance to give it a handful in 2nd & 3rd (and maybe 4th too). My conclusion is it seemed to pull a lilttle harder all the way thru 2nd and 3rd and maybe 4th too.(y):cool: And, gear position indicator bloody great.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well. We had some sun today so I got the old girl out for its first skid with the GIpro arte installed. Initial feel down the road was as per "tnd". It felt a bit more free low down. Later I had the chance to give it a handful in 2nd & 3rd (and maybe 4th too). My conclusion is it seemed to pull a lilttle harder all the way thru 2nd and 3rd and maybe 4th too.(y):cool: And, gear position indicator bloody great.
Sounds good! Yea I want the gear position indicator more than the TRE. I tend to get lost 4th-6th & hate going for that extra gear when you're already in 6th. My Harley just shows 6th which is helpful.
Your assessment is consistent with most people's TRE observations that I've read.

·
Registered
2007 SV1000s
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds good! Yea I want the gear position indicator more than the TRE. I tend to get lost 4th-6th & hate going for that extra gear when you're already in 6th. My Harley just shows 6th which is helpful.
Your assessment is consistent with most people's TRE observations that I've read.
Posting this at 7.05am my time.(2 hrs after your post, just for a time diff comparrison) Yes, I am very happy with the gear position indicator. I did not try different settings with the TRE. I was surprised that I felt the bike was pulling a bit harder as really was not expecting that to happen.

·
Registered
2007 SV1000s
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE. I have been in touch with Healtech. They have advised that they have "NOT" tested their GIpro ATRE on the SV1000, only tested on SV650. Their reccomendation for setting "6" on SV1000 is based soley on the SV650 testing. They believe "6" setting is the best start ponit for the 1000 and may be the best setting full stop. I also asked if they had had any rider feedback on the setting for the SV1000, to which they have not.
So if anyone has found a better setting, let us and Healtech know. Cheers.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Seriously?! Oh you want us to actually test our own product?!!! Unbelievable...I called RideNow Powersports parts dept & asked about a shim kit & the guy had no clue what I was even talking about. Just a sign of the times I guess...

·
Registered
2007 SV1000s
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seriously?! Oh you want us to actually test our own product?!!! Unbelievable...I called RideNow Powersports parts dept & asked about a shim kit & the guy had no clue what I was even talking about. Just a sign of the times I guess...
Anyway, the gear position indicator is "great" and bike seems to be a little better in gears 1-3. I can't be bothered trying other settings for now.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts