SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is considering changing to higher clip ons you might want to look at these: www.discovolantemoto.co.uk or www.fastfromthepast.com
I had looked at Helibars and Convertibars etc. but these are well over priced.
I have fitted a set of the Tarozzi high rise (70mm) bars for a third of the cost of these other bars and they are sweet. All cables etc. remain as existing....the only thing I had to do was to remove the brake hose clip mounted at the lower fork clamp (to free up the hose) and zip tie it loosely to the fork. I also made a little bracket for the brake reservoir to be bolted to the new clip on. The new comfortable riding position is amazing with the downside being you get a lot more wind in the face but this is only noticable over 90mph.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I agree that the convertibars aren't cheap, but the one thing they provide that these don't is full adjustability at any time.

If you know exactly what you want as height/clipon angle and keep it that way then convertibars are not the way to go, and something like these certainly are.

·
N of Atlanta
7,715 Posts
My Helibars are perfect for me, but these are taller and look good for half the money! I never could cotton to the look of convertibars, though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All cables and lines have remained. You will notice however that I had to keep the bars fairly straight (no downward angle) and the bars have been pushed thru their holders about 20mm. I did have to spend a bit of time trying different variations to ensure I could get full lock without too much tension on the throttle cables. The other option is to slide the brackets down the fork leg which should free up some more cable if required and the bar angle can be adjusted to suit your own riding style. Please note....I am by no means a mechanic (in fact the thought of doing this changeover terrified me) but if I can do it ...... anyone can! Hope this helps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You can see from the photos that the Tarozzi bars do end up set back a bit further than the original bars which definately adds to a more upright riding position. There are a number of different ways (Tarozzi say 4no.) these bars can be mounted but I found this way best suited the bike....you may well find a better option. I would be interested in seeing photos if someone else decides to try them. I did spend a hell of a long time searching for these bars. I had tried to buy a set of WRP bars from MandP (£120) but there was a 30+ day wait on delivery as they had none in stock. I also tried to buy a couple of sets of Helibars on Ebay but they ended up going for funny money. I just think these bars are good value for the money.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My name is Jim Hinshaw and I own fastfromthepast.com located in the USA. Another forum member just purchased a set of clip-ons and mentioned he heard about them here. Just wanted to let everybody know they can contact me here if they need help or parts - all of which are listed at the web store - even if you purchased them elsewhere. I sell the entire Tarozzi line of clip-ons, rearsets, fork braces, bar ends, and fork tubes as well as other items.

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You will have no problems with missing the tank but levers may need adjusted downward to miss fairing. if you dont like levers angled simply drop the bars 10mm below top yoke and this will allow levers to stay almost in original position. The beauty about these bars is they allow you to make adjustments in all planes so that you get a position that best suits you.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.