SV Portal Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I think people need to see Tarozzi bars as a cheaper alternative to Helibars. Tarozzi bars can easily at minimum be set at the same position as the Heli's or can be raised higher depending on the cable length available (it would seem that the total 70mm rise may not always be possible...so try 60mm). The costs will be the price of the bars + bar ends of your own choice.....the rest is your time. Before going for the change over remember: 1. You will need to drill the new bars for the controls. 2. You will need to do some mod for mounting the resevoir. 3. You will need to remove the brake hose clip mounted under the lower fork brace. You should not have to replace or reroute throttle cables (my advice is to mount the new bars to suit your cables....it will still be an improvement). It will also save you aprox £100! Now go for it .... it is definately worth the effort!

· Registered
249 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
^^ I believe, if im reading earlier posts correct you want 46mm not 49mm. But thanks for resurrecting this thread, i just ordered my self a set and cant wait to put it on. I will be taking a longer ride at the end of July, i just sent out my seats for gel padding and couple that with these bars i should be GTG. :)

· Registered
2,229 Posts
http://www.fastfromthepast.com/servlet/the-810/56-dsh-0026/Detail

Yep, the 46mm version is the ones you want. As a matter of fact, I just installed a set a couple months ago....they work well. Very nicely made and well worth the cost. Fast shipping from FastFromThePast too.

The stock cables/wiring worked on my '07, but I had to re-route them to get enough length for comfort when going lock to lock. The wiring is easy to unfasten the connectors attached to the cross-member in front of the airbox, tuck them under the bar which unwraps them a little, and then they are plenty long.

Cables needed routed out the right side of the steering head which tends to put a kink in them right at the TB's. A zip-tie to the cross-member held it straight as it enters the TB and then gently bends over to the hole in the frame. Took a little fiddling to get it working without dragging but it is golden now.

The Tarozzi bars need to be TIGHT so they don't rotate, but are sturdy and I can now lift the front tire with the bars if needed without them moving...so that should be tight enough. The socket that allows the angle adjustment has a conical section into a recess that 'crept' on mine and needed a few re-torque's until they fully seated and held. But...the improvement in the riding position IS wonderful, as well as the angle now easy on the arms and wrists. The stock clip-on angles just didn't work well for me.

You will love these bars for sure!

· Registered
30 Posts
Well it looks like im going to be working a little OT this week for $$ to get the bars. I have SS front lines already, but not clutch SS line.....this is about as good an axcuse as any i suppose :) I have lifted my tank cause of airbox mod (as everyone else seems to be doin) does this affect the amount of adjustment I will be able to do...is it better for more adjustment or worse for les adjustment?? I love this forum.....its so much fun learning about these bikes!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.