SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry guys am new here I recently bought a 03 suzuki sv1000 naked bike got the street fighter look the front fairings was broken and it have a aftermarket light so I been looking through ebay and found some fairings decent price for the sv60 they loom the same is it a straight fit anybody that has done it also the faring front bracket that holds the speedometer, fairing with mirrors is broken and found then just for the sv60 apreciate your help please dont bash and correct me if am wrong for put this on the wrong place

·
Mile eater
2,791 Posts
If that's your bike in your avatar, it was originally an "S" model. The nakeds were only made in '03 and they came in silver or blue. Quite a bit of front end stuff is different between models.

I'm sure Rick "longhair" will be along shortly to clear things up. Make sure you know exactly what parts you are looking for before you buy anything on ebay or you'll end up with a bunch of stuff you can't use.

·
Obsessed with SV1000s
8,773 Posts
There is a thread somewhere on this site that lists what SV650 parts will fit the SV1000. Try searching around a bit and I bet your question will be answered. :niceone:

·
Crazy Old Foole
7,329 Posts
All of the 650/1K front fairing parts except the valance are the same from K3 on, including the fairing stay. All of the K3+ tail parts interchange too. The inner fenders only vary between K3S and all the others. Of the plastic parts, just the chin fairing or lowers and the valance are different. The frame covers (the little black triangular pieces) are K3 exclusive, but interchange between the 650 and 1K.

Gas tanks will even interchange but.....K3S tanks can't be used on K3N or K4+ models w/o modification, and K4+ tanks can be used on all K3+ machines.

Reactions: Urbanjugle

·
Registered
863 Posts
Yes thats my bike I bought it 2 weeks ago I move from a tl1000s thank you guys for your help I been looking like crazy
Welcome. More than a few of us had at least 1 TL1000 in the stable at one point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok guys am back I havent had the time to check fairings till now I found some on ebay( add motor ) they say they fit a sv650 and sv1000s so if they do why oem 650 fairings people say they cant fit the sv1000s just asking I found better deals getting used oem sv650 fairings and you know is hard to gwt oem sv1000 fairings for a decent price

·
KNEE DRAGGER
5,182 Posts
Ok guys am back I havent had the time to check fairings till now I found some on ebay( add motor ) they say they fit a sv650 and sv1000s so if they do why oem 650 fairings people say they cant fit the sv1000s just asking I found better deals getting used oem sv650 fairings and you know is hard to gwt oem sv1000 fairings for a decent price

The upper fairings and tail sections are are interchangeable. Most tanks are, again having to do with 03 SV650 and SV650s and the 03 SV1000s wierd isms. I not sure about the accessory fairing lowers though.

-ms

·
Registered
28 Posts
fairings

your answer is no !!!!!!!! the 650 and 650s fairings wont fit the 1000s, but youre luck has changed...wwwoneidasuzuki.com has oem fairings already painted, the problem your gonna run into is your paint has faded and the 800.00 doller fairings haven't, I have full fairings repaired them then went to colorite.com and ordered the oem burning copper metallic, and painted it in my garage, it turned out sweet.....Thomas

·
Crazy Old Foole
7,329 Posts
Only the full lowers and/or chin fairing for 650's won't fit. The rest is as I posted above.

·
Crazy Old Foole
7,329 Posts
your answer is no !!!!!!!! the 650 and 650s fairings wont fit the 1000s
I don't know where you get your misinformation from, but you should quit listening to whomever is feeding it to you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
mis information my ass

I took fairings from an sv650 (full fairings) and tried to put them on my 1k, they don't fit, nothing lines up except the top holes, everything else doesn't, its like they were too small and formed differently, I thought it was dueto the fact that they were off an 06, so I like a dumb ass ordered a 500.00 dollar set off e-bay, everything else except the full side fairings did fit just like you stated, but the fact is im 500.00 dollars in the hole because I let someone tell me that thy would fit, im just trying to save him the frustration
:HMM:

·
Crazy Old Foole
7,329 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
ok

I think we are having a miss understand, I agreed that everything that came in the kit EXCEPT the full lower(side fairings) would fit, but I wasted 500.00 dollars because all I really wanted was the full side fairings, so back to his question, lets rephrase, if you are looking for the full lower/side fairings the answer is no, the wont fit unless you order them from oneidasuzuki.com or find another set of 1k full side/lower fairings
:agree:

·
Crazy Old Foole
7,329 Posts
The confusion stems from your first post in this thread(#9), where you flatly stated that 650 fairings won't fit a 1K.
Post #4 in this thread pretty well spells out what does and doesn't fit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
sorry guys am new here I recently bought a 03 suzuki sv1000 naked bike got the street fighter look the front fairings was broken and it have a aftermarket light so I been looking through ebay and found some fairings decent price for the sv60 they loom the same is it a straight fit anybody that has done it also the faring front bracket that holds the speedometer, fairing with mirrors is broken and found then just for the sv60 apreciate your help please dont bash and correct me if am wrong for put this on the wrong place
Did you get a proper answer to this question or did you try the 650 on the 1000? The part numbers are different on bikebandit. Did the 03 650 fit the 03 1000 with the elevated subframe?? I may be looking at 1 from to 650 for my 1000 tomorrow but are no years interchangeable?

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
And how about headlights? Are they interchangeable as well? The problem is, I have headlights made for left hand drive on my SV1000s and I need a new headlight.:weeping:
Yes...the 650 and 1000's use the same headlamps....if you can find the proper pattern for your needs. Guess it'll have to be one from England or one of the other places that drive on the wrong side.:)

Edit: wanted to mention that you CAN adjust the height of the beams individually...even if the lens might be for the other side you might be able to make what you have now work if you adjust them.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts