SV Portal Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry to bump this, but I am wondering if the tail section is truly swappable. Asking because I can find some nice hard bags with mounts for the 650, but not so many for the 1000. It sounds like they are close enough that I wouldn't have any problem fitting some Shad bags, is that so?

-GW

·
KNEE DRAGGER
5,182 Posts
Sorry to bump this, but I am wondering if the tail section is truly swappable. Asking because I can find some nice hard bags with mounts for the 650, but not so many for the 1000. It sounds like they are close enough that I wouldn't have any problem fitting some Shad bags, is that so?

-GW

They are the same
-ms

·
Registered
1 Posts
sorry guys am new here I recently bought a 03 suzuki sv1000 naked bike got the street fighter look the front fairings was broken and it have a aftermarket light so I been looking through ebay and found some fairings decent price for the sv60 they loom the same is it a straight fit anybody that has done it also the faring front bracket that holds the speedometer, fairing with mirrors is broken and found then just for the sv60 apreciate your help please dont bash and correct me if am wrong for put this on the wrong place
I too have a 03 sv1000 but mine isn’t the “s” by the looks of your profile pic I believe yours is? I have been experimenting with the 650 parts myself for mine and havnt made the commitment of the 1000s parts yet bc of the frame difference I’ve heard about. Can you email pics of the front of your unit so I can see the difference up close please? [email protected] com

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,786 Posts
I too have a 03 sv1000 but mine isn’t the “s” by the looks of your profile pic I believe yours is? I have been experimenting with the 650 parts myself for mine and havnt made the commitment of the 1000s parts yet bc of the frame difference I’ve heard about. Can you email pics of the front of your unit so I can see the difference up close please? [email protected] com
The OP hasnt been on the site for quite a few years now........so we might need someone else to answer your question....
From my memory all the coloured panels fit, year on year......the filler panels below the seat are 03 S model specific, as are all the undertail parts. The engine cowl/chin piece is 1000 specific.
The front gaurd is 1000 specific. The chain gaurd is 03 1000 specific....someone elses want to chime in and help That guy out ?

Oh, and seeing its your first post, welcome That guy....(y)

Reactions: Urbanjugle

·
Registered
8 Posts
fairings

your answer is no !!!!!!!! the 650 and 650s fairings wont fit the 1000s, but youre luck has changed...wwwoneidasuzuki.com has oem fairings already painted, the problem your gonna run into is your paint has faded and the 800.00 doller fairings haven't, I have full fairings repaired them then went to colorite.com and ordered the oem burning copper metallic, and painted it in my garage, it turned out sweet.....Thomas
PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO SPEAK WHAT THEY ABSOLUTLY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ! YOUR ANSWER IS YES THEY FIT ANY AFTERMARKET 650 FAIRING KIT WILL FIT 1000! HMM I ONLY KNOW CAUSE I ACTULLY KNOW AS I OWN A SV1000S S 2003 AND ??? WELL CHECK MY PICS ! SHAME ON YOU UNINTELLIGENT JUST HAVE TO SPEAK NONSENSE FOLKS WITH YOUR STUPIDITY AND JUST UN NEEDED NONSENSE ! HERES THE ONLY ABSOLUTE PROOF TBILICKI0001 IDIOT! LOOK AT PICS AND PLEASE STOP SPEAKING WORDS THAT ARE INCORRECT TO FEEL YOU ACTUALL KNOW A DAMN THING VIA QUESTION SOMEONE ACTUALLY HAS DUEH BAG !

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO SPEAK WHAT THEY ABSOLUTLY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ! YOUR ANSWER IS YES THEY FIT ANY AFTERMARKET 650 FAIRING KIT WILL FIT 1000! HMM I ONLY KNOW CAUSE I ACTULLY KNOW AS I OWN A SV1000S S 2003 AND ??? WELL CHECK MY PICS ! SHAME ON YOU UNINTELLIGENT JUST HAVE TO SPEAK NONSENSE FOLKS WITH YOUR STUPIDITY AND JUST UN NEEDED NONSENSE ! HERES THE ONLY ABSOLUTE PROOF TBILICKI0001 IDIOT! LOOK AT PICS AND PLEASE STOP SPEAKING WORDS THAT ARE INCORRECT TO FEEL YOU ACTUALL KNOW A DAMN THING VIA QUESTION SOMEONE ACTUALLY HAS DUEH BAG !
I CURRENTLY HAVE SIDE FAIRINGS OFF OF MY 2003 SV1000S SHOWING OFF MY MOTOR PAINTED AND CHROME CASES ETC.... BUT U CLEARLY SEE MY PICS OF MY SV1000S WITH PROPOERLY FIT SV650 SIDE FAIRINGS TB DICK 0001 IDIOT ! STOP WASTING FOLKS TIME WITH YOUR STUPUDITY TRYING TO SOUND LIKE SUM SV TECH YOU DUECH BAG

·
Registered
8 Posts
I CURRENTLY HAVE SIDE FAIRINGS OFF OF MY 2003 SV1000S SHOWING OFF MY MOTOR PAINTED AND CHROME CASES ETC.... BUT U CLEARLY SEE MY PICS OF MY SV1000S WITH PROPOERLY FIT SV650 SIDE FAIRINGS TB DICK 0001 IDIOT ! STOP WASTING FOLKS TIME WITH YOUR STUPUDITY TRYING TO SOUND LIKE SUM SV TECH YOU DUECH BAG

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
SERIOUSLY GO TO YOUTUBE AND WATCH SV1000S S 2003 VIDEO ON ITS INTRODUCTION TO THE MARKET IN 2003 VIDEO , IT TELLS YOU HOW SV1000 USES THE TL1000 MOTOR WITH MINOR UPGRADES , GSXR 600 WHEELS AND FRONT FORK SHOCKS AS WELL AS REAR SHOCK TELLS U 95% OF SV650 PARTS ARE EXACTLY THE SAME AS SV1000 PARTS YET CARRY DIFFERENT MODEL NUMBERS ! ANOTHER WAY TO TELL AFTER MARKET FULL FAIRINGS ARETHE SAME BETWEEN 650 AND 1000 IS LOOK AT PRODUCT DEMENSIONS UNDER SPECS OF AFTERMARKET LEFT RIGHT SIDE FAIRINGS ! DEMENSIONS OF 650 AND 1000 ARE EXACTLY THE SAME ! TBILICK0001 JUST STOP BEING A LOSER !YOU PROBABLY HAVE SV1000 DECALS ON A 650 LOL ! U THAT GUY !

·
Registered
8 Posts
SERIOUSLY GO TO YOUTUBE AND WATCH SV1000S S 2003 VIDEO ON ITS INTRODUCTION TO THE MARKET IN 2003 VIDEO , IT TELLS YOU HOW SV1000 USES THE TL1000 MOTOR WITH MINOR UPGRADES , GSXR 600 WHEELS AND FRONT FORK SHOCKS AS WELL AS REAR SHOCK TELLS U 95% OF SV650 PARTS ARE EXACTLY THE SAME AS SV1000 PARTS YET CARRY DIFFERENT MODEL NUMBERS ! ANOTHER WAY TO TELL AFTER MARKET FULL FAIRINGS ARETHE SAME BETWEEN 650 AND 1000 IS LOOK AT PRODUCT DEMENSIONS UNDER SPECS OF AFTERMARKET LEFT RIGHT SIDE FAIRINGS ! DEMENSIONS OF 650 AND 1000 ARE EXACTLY THE SAME ! TBILICK0001 JUST STOP BEING A LOSER !YOU PROBABLY HAVE SV1000 DECALS ON A 650 LOL !

·
Registered
8 Posts
175 HP AT 9000 RPMS , 115 FT LBS OF TOURQE AT 7200 RPMS 2003SV1000SVR FORGED INTERNALS , PORTED POLISHED HEADS , TITANIUM VALVE SPRINGS , CERAMIC CRANK BEARINGS , PC3 COMMANDER , BROCK SHORTY STAINLESS EXHUST AND HIGH FLOW HEADERS , BORED CYLINDERS , LIGHTENED CRANK , HIGH PRESSURE INJECTORS AND FUEL PUMP , ONE OF A KIND ECU HAND BUILT SOLDERED MOTHERBOARD BY CHEWY IN ENGLAND BACK IN 2004 ! POT METAL CHROMED , CASES PAINTED SWITCH HOUSINGS PAINTED BURNT COPPER , CUSTOM CLUSTER WITH HAND SOLDIERED BLUE LEDS , 50 SHOT NOX NITROUS KIT , ABSOLUTLY NO SV1000S EVER TOUCHING THIS ALMOST 20 YR OLD EXTREMLY DIFFERENT UNIQE SPORT BIKE . THINK U CAN HANG OR EVEN TAKE IN QTR MILE , WITH SAME SV1000S ILL PUT MY TITLE AND HOWEVER MUCH CASH UP SAYING ILL OWN YOUR SV FOR PARTS MINUTES LATER ! NITROUS OFF NO BOTTLE EVEN ON BIKE VRS ANY SV U BRING TO CHALLANGE ! CECIL COUNTY DRAG SRIP 302-249-5887 CALL ME CHALLANGE ME ! ESPECIASLLY U TBILICK0001 ! ID LUV SHOWING YOU REALITY !

21 - 32 of 32 Posts