SV Portal Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so I got a 2005 sv1000s and when I got it the wires were cut on the ignition and so I got a new ignition from eBay and the wires were totally different colors. I got 2 reds a orange with yellow strip, brown with green and a solid orange wire on the bike. On the ignition there are a red, red with white, black , black with white , orange and brown with white strip.
so honestly idk where to even start. I tried putting 100ohm resistor in and still nothing. Lmk if you know anything!! Greatly appreciated
Just want to get it started anything helps !! ???

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ok so I got a 2005 sv1000s and when I got it the wires were cut on the ignition and so I got a new ignition from eBay and the wires were totally different colors. I got 2 reds a orange with yellow strip, brown with green and a solid orange wires. On the ignition there are a red, red with white, black , black with white , orange,orange and white.
so honestly idk where to even start. I tried putting 100ohm resistor in and still nothing. Lmk if you know anything!! Greatly appreciated
Just want to get it started anything helps !! ???

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi
check thus post about ignition wiring.
different years has different color wiring.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No help man the wires are totally different but I still did the multimeter thing and figured out what wire is what

·
Registered
612 Posts
The k5+ has different wiring because in 05 they added a headlight cut circuit while starter is cranking, hence the wiring changed from the switch.

·
KNEE DRAGGER
5,122 Posts
The k5+ has different wiring because in 05 they added a headlight cut circuit while starter is cranking, hence the wiring changed from the switch.
03-07 all use the same key switch.

05-07 have the headlight kill that operates through the right handlebar switch.

-ms

1 - 6 of 6 Posts