SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
i'm a new member thanks for adding me.
All 4 indicators have stop working on my 2012 SV650S, the Hazard lights still operate all 4 indicators, my question is, could the problem be with the flasher unit, if the Hazards still work, ive done all the tests in my haynes manual, all seems ok.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,786 Posts
Sounds more like the handlebar switch ? The flasher unit (should) have to still be working for the hazarss to work....

·
KNEE DRAGGER
5,182 Posts
Hi everyone,
i'm a new member thanks for adding me.
All 4 indicators have stop working on my 2012 SV650S, the Hazard lights still operate all 4 indicators, my question is, could the problem be with the flasher unit, if the Hazards still work, ive done all the tests in my haynes manual, all seems ok.
Do you have power into handle bar switch?
Does the power come out of the switch?

-ms

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have power into handle bar switch?
Does the power come out of the switch?

-ms
Thanks for the replys, it turned out to be a water logged connector, from the bar switch, i'd washed the bike before the indicators packed up, so i left the bike idling with the indicator switched on, once the heat from the engine dried out the connector block the indicators started working again:rolleyes: 0n my 2012 svs model, the connectors are situated behind a plastic heat shield above the radiator, they are a pain to get to, the green main switch connector is also behind the panel.
At least i didn't have to drop the radiator down out the way to gain access to the connectors, which i thought i was going to have to do to check the connections etc.

i'll be more careful in future where i squirt me hose pipe😆

1 - 4 of 4 Posts