SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Grumpy old sod.
6,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a renewal quote from Carole Nash at £153 fully comp, given the age and relative low value of the bike I asked what the price would be to go TPFT and was quoted £156! :confused:

How come it is cheaper to insure fully comprehensively than it is to only go third party fire and theft?

·
Registered
443 Posts
It's all to do with the type of person who buys the insurance. In the past, the younger drivers/riders could not afford fully comp, and so only bought third party. This category has 'tended' to make more claims (of had claims made against them) and so the thieves er... 'insurance companies' reacted buy putting up the premiums. It's all maths really.

BTW my insurance in £265 fully comp. with 2 years no claims. All based on my 'stereotype' where the bike is parked and what security I have.

·
"Kiss my Ass"
13,712 Posts
It is always the same everywhere, if you stay with the same company they shove up the price unless you shop around you don't get cheaper quotes. I was with Carol Nash last year, £194 fully comp, renewal quote £248, why? nothing has changed plus i have one more year with no claims.
I went with Wicked Quotes and got fully comp with all mods added on as well for £97, when the guy at Carol Nash rang me to see if i wanted to renew he nearly choked when i told him how much i was paying.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks

Ken thanks for the tip on wicked quotes, just saved £211. Quote was £226 which for me only passing my test last year with only 1 years ncb aint bad.
Thanks
:supsmiley:

·
"Kiss my Ass"
13,712 Posts
Ken thanks for the tip on wicked quotes, just saved £211. Quote was £226 which for me only passing my test last year with only 1 years ncb aint bad.
Thanks
:supsmiley:
Happy to help, more so when saving money on insurance.:supsmiley:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Wicked quotes seem to be fantastic if you dont ride an out and out sports bike (my SV thou £170 Fully comp) but I suggested them to some gixer riding mates and they were all getting quotes around the £750-£1000 mark (for reasonably experienced riders:argh:

·
Pete's bike hauler
2,547 Posts
i find Ebike the cheapest i pay £139 for 4 bikes on the same policy

·
Moving at the speed of...
4,539 Posts
i find Ebike the cheapest i pay £139 for 4 bikes on the same policy
Is that because you never ride them in the UK?:rofl:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts