SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, so I'm not sure where to start here but I've been a member for a really long time. I just finished rebuilding my sv1k and I invested a lot of time and money making it what I want it to be. Now that it's basically finished, I'm having an issue with irregular idle. I have the idle set around 1300 rpm at cold start but when the bike warms up it goes to 1400. I looked at the fuel system and everything looks correct. The stock fuel filter has been bypassed with a Mahler filter taking over the filtration. Would this be a throttle body sync issue? I'd genuinely appreciate the help. I have the stunt cage on there because I'm trying to build up my confidence with cornering. I went off a cliff 4 years ago and I'm still a bit shooken up from it. I also just bought a race mount m4 exhaust which I installed over the weekend. It sounds beautiful even though it's very expensive.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,848 Posts
Fantastic colour buddy...

I always havee my bike set to 1400 idle.....though, not knowing where you are altitude wise, if you have the bike set at 1300 at a high altitude and then ride down a decent mountain, the idle will increase.

Check the cold idle clearance on the stepper motor n the forn throttle body. Once that is set, i assume you hae the -C00 set at the middle at 1400 and it goes to the top at 1750....(seems the best setting all round)
Also, check the STPS OHMs...... black to yellow ahould be 4.38 fully open, engine off, connector apart....open the secondary buttrfies by turning the steppe rmotor by hand.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fantastic colour buddy...

I always havee my bike set to 1400 idle.....though, not knowing where you are altitude wise, if you have the bike set at 1300 at a high altitude and then ride down a decent mountain, the idle will increase.

Check the cold idle clearance on the stepper motor n the forn throttle body. Once that is set, i assume you hae the -C00 set at the middle at 1400 and it goes to the top at 1750....(seems the best setting all round)
Also, check the STPS OHMs...... black to yellow ahould be 4.38 fully open, engine off, connector apart....open the secondary buttrfies by turning the steppe rmotor by hand.
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out. I'm in the San Francisco area so I don't think sea level is the challenge here but I'll take a look at the throttle body and see what I can do. I did readjust the TPS last week since it was definitely not aligned which fixed some of the problems but not all. I may try to resync the throttle body and see what that does too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts