SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all ,

I have not been here for quite a while but I am back now with another SV1000 .
Can anyone tell me if John ( Sharealike ) is still doing the clutch basket mods as I cannot seem to contact him either via email or telephone ? Thanks in advance for your help .

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was in contact with him by mail when spring was around, maybe he is on vacation?

In the end I decided to go with Terry (Werks) for the job. I like the work he put into it, he offered a lower price, and last but not least he is active and supporting this forum. Paying UPS for express shipping back and forth was cheaper even tough Denmark is so much closer to UK (damn them for leaving EU).

·
Registered
73 Posts
May I ask the costs? Thanks
If I remember correcly it was $350 with express shipping back to me.

I see that the Terry's website have been updated with a "pro build basket":

• The Pro Build has everything the Standard build gets. Then adds additional strengthening to the inner plate, machining of the steel gear for another bearing, and machining of the outer plate to accept the exclusive outer bearing only WERKS modified Pro Build baskets have. There are other details to the build involving proprietary setup, as well as some cosmetic touches.
  • Most customers will be completely satisfied with the Standard Build. High horsepower bikes, sidecar rigs, drag racers will want to consider the Pro Build version.
On the website it says he is away untill september 5th, so he probalby wont chime in here either. But shoot him an email.

·
Vendor
167 Posts
Yes, I am out till about September 5th. Take a while to get caught up....but I will be working hard to get back to where I have the Standard Build in stock to ship on the exchange baskets and new in stock baskets.
Standard Build SV 1000 baskets with shipping included in the US are $295. Pro Build SV baskets are $410 with shipping included. I do have an exchange program with a core charge up front. I ship a lot of new OEM baskets with WERKS modifications to international customers ( eliminates shipping charges one way and downtime ).

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently received a new werks basket for my brothers sv engine build, it has the pro build specs, im installing later dl slipper clutch inner set up, amongst other mods

1 - 8 of 8 Posts