SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya'll i just joined and bought an 03 svk in silver(ugh!). Im 22 and new in Houston Texas..having just moved here from VA. Ya'lls site is a superb techanical and otherwise resource..yeah Im a lurker. Anyway I ended up buying one with kiiinda high mileage(he did have quite a bit of reciepts of service work and the bike was in IMMACCULATE condition) So i was wondering if any of Yall are in the houston area and might reccommend a zuki dealership or shop to take the bike to for a thourough once over.

P.S. I am in the automotive paint and refinishing business(will soon be painting my SV kinda a Escalade pearl white). any one near by here that is looking to have any fairings painted ANY color..Im your man, and Ill do it for a good deal less than anyone else. PM and we can talk.
-Basil-

·
Just a guy with an SV1K
920 Posts
Welcome to SV-Portal!!! Pearl white would be amazing on this bike, especially with full fairing.

Main thing about the K3's is you'll wanna put the tank up and pull the airbox to make sure you never suffer from the infamous Green Connector failure! You'll know if it happens to you because you'll suddenly be unable to start the bike and have NO power to anything. If it happens trying to start it, you're lucky... if it happens while cranked over on a high-speed sweeper, it's gonna be a bad day. Don't mean to be a stick-up-the-bum about it, but would hate to hear that you got hurt, as the fix is extremely simple (bypass the GC).

Other than that, glad to hear you got a mint one. Have fun!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well Im one to take advice where I can get it from, so Ill be sure to take a look in that area..it did crank up fine and run smooth upon test driving it. Thanks for the words of wisdom man.

·
V-twin Torque FTW!
147 Posts
:welcome:

And I want to paint mine White at some point, but probably a different white. Either way it will look epic, and make sure to paint the frame and wheels black while you're at it. Black/White look is awesome IMO. Enjoy the site! :supsmiley:

·
Mmmm Kate
7,536 Posts
:welcome: IrishBasil

·
Wibble
500 Posts
:welcome: Irish, hope you have many years of enjoyment out of your 03 ( silver is really the fastest you know ,so youv'e made the right choice):devil2:

·
Waiting to go for a boat ride
13,206 Posts
Hey ya'll i just joined and bought an 03 svk in silver(ugh!). Im 22 and new in Houston Texas..having just moved here from VA. Ya'lls site is a superb techanical and otherwise resource..yeah Im a lurker. Anyway I ended up buying one with kiiinda high mileage(he did have quite a bit of reciepts of service work and the bike was in IMMACCULATE condition) So i was wondering if any of Yall are in the houston area and might reccommend a zuki dealership or shop to take the bike to for a thourough once over.

P.S. I am in the automotive paint and refinishing business(will soon be painting my SV kinda a Escalade pearl white). any one near by here that is looking to have any fairings painted ANY color..Im your man, and Ill do it for a good deal less than anyone else. PM and we can talk.
-Basil-
It's about damn time! :pokey:

lol

Welcome!

Hell when I bought mine you were 17... :pinch: Damn time flies!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeaah, I feel like you really dont see many white sportish type bikes. My buddy at the boddy shop does anodizing/powder coating:bigclap:..so the frame and wheels will be black soon. And then all my sliders bar ends tank cap etc im gonna do in red. I will certainly post up some sweet shits when its done and as I go along. Thanks all for the warm welcome

·
Registered
68 Posts
....... Welcome and personally I am JEALOUS...:eek:i: I wish I had the skill and connections to paint my girl white with a black frame and wheels (hell, since I'm dreaming lets call them "marchesini" wheels) What exhaust is that on there?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts