SV Portal banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, lets get this old thread going shall we?

Had my K4 SV1000 for less than a week, long enough to order a set of cans to unleash the beast!!

Funds are tight at the mo so though i'd take a gamble on a set of Lextek stainless exhausts. I knew what I was getting myself into and didn't have particularly high hopes in terms of aesthetics, quality etc as they came in at just over half the price of my usual "go-to" supplier which is Fuel exhausts.

At £191.00 all in I thought it was worth a punt. Upon first inspection I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the cans themselves; the riveting on the bands was slightly uneven at one place but generally ok. The machined 4 bolt flange looked in good shape. Soon enough however I discovered, like the be-atch karma is, where that good 'value' runs out. In brief, the issues are as follows:

1. The stainless hanging straps are too short. They simply will not go around the cans and secure up to the pillion hangar mountings. Luckily I had a spare set from a previous set of exhausts so used them.
2. I had been supplied 2 'right' cans, i.e. the stick-on Lextek logo was on the right hand side of both exhaust, meaning that if the left can was installed the logo would be facing inward towards the swing arm. My solve....remove both badges from the cans with a lot of WD40 and a plastic scraper :bash:
3. Lastly, take note that if you intend to communicate with Lextek through their website...don't expect a response. So far two emails have gone unanswered.

Ultimately, with supplying my own hangar straps and having removed the badges they actually look pretty good fitted to the bike. Photos to follow. They did come at a price though.....or a lesser price, so to speak.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have 041 matt stainless steel lextek silencers on my bike
can't go wrong for the money £144 including delivery in june this year from simmiperformance via ebay
straps worked on mine but had the same problem with 2 right hand cans and stickers etc
good value for money but not yoshi or akra quality

they are the 1's in mrjays link

1 - 5 of 5 Posts