SV Portal banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’m looking for a motor for my SV1000. Preferably as close to New Jersey as possible but I’m willing to drive as far as needed since I’m having a tough time finding one locally.

·
Disturbed, very...
1,226 Posts
Hey guys, I’m looking for a motor for my SV1000. Preferably as close to New Jersey as possible but I’m willing to drive as far as needed since I’m having a tough time finding one locally.
Ahhh, welcome.....i see its your first post.....

Would help to know where you are for those who may have a motor for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea sorry I didnt do a proper introduction post, I was in panic mode lol. Im in central Jersey, but I just found a motor in Connecticut that I’ll be picking up on Thursday! I’ll be posting some pictures of the swap and tear down of my original motor if anyones interested:)

·
Registered
2003 SV1000s (YC2)
99 Posts
Is this the one with the cracked cylinder I saw on Reddit? Please keep us updated! Maybe a dedicated thread in the tweaking and tuning section.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yepp that’s the one! Ill deff keep you guys posted! I found a used motor with 18 thousand miles on it for 700 bucks, so im pretty happy. Plus it’s only 90 miles away from me
so I don’t have to pay for shipping. The ebay listing said it a 2003 but in the pictures the engine was tagged as 2005. No biggie, either way i’ll make it work.

·
Registered
106 Posts
05 will fit in! good luck with your bike and post pics of your project.
welcome on the board.
watch out for ebay deals , their main thing is to sell to make $

·
KNEE DRAGGER
5,094 Posts
yepp that’s the one! Ill deff keep you guys posted! I found a used motor with 18 thousand miles on it for 700 bucks, so im pretty happy. Plus it’s only 90 miles away from me
so I don’t have to pay for shipping. The ebay listing said it a 2003 but in the pictures the engine was tagged as 2005. No biggie, either way i’ll make it work.

You have to possibly make a few changes depending on what year you have and what year engine is going in. Rear intake cams have position indicator and cam position sensor on 03/04, but not 05 and up.

-ms

1 - 7 of 7 Posts