SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is addressed to missing link with his 300,000+klm sv, its one of the highest k svs on the forum? Can you post a photo what condition is it in? Look after the paint and try not to ding all the bodywork the sv can hold up pretty well, my bikes knocking on 19 yrs old and looks good, there's a few light clear coat scratches but it's OK. How many things have you had to replace beside service consumables?..ignition coils, fuel pump..etc. yours proves looking after them they can last, how many k's do you foresee the bike going?

Attachments

· Registered
269 Posts
This is my SV, bought it used in 2012. It's registered in 2007 but it's a k3 model. 100k km and still goes strong. I bought it stock and after all these years it turned into this. Good bike that once you deal with it's known issues it's quite reliable. I would like to get into newer bikes in the future, but I don't want to sell her for nothing. So I will keep her..

Attachments

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is my SV, bought it used in 2012. It's registered in 2007 but it's a k3 model. 100k km and still goes strong. I bought it stock and after all these years it turned into this. Good bike that once you deal with it's known issues it's quite reliable. I would like to get into newer bikes in the future, but I don't want to sell her for nothing. So I will keep her..
Really nice, you can tell when bikes are looked after, there's nice additions to add to the machine. I bought mine new in 2003, still have it and see no reason to sell or change, does road work, commuting, track days, can do two up but the wife not so much... missing links bike with 300ks, is the engine original of had any major work?

· Registered
269 Posts
Really nice, you can tell when bikes are looked after, there's nice additions to add to the machine. I bought mine new in 2003, still have it and see no reason to sell or change, does road work, commuting, track days, can do two up but the wife not so much... missing links bike with 300ks, is the engine original of had any major work?
Main reason for me to switch is the clipons (angle) and the extra stiff seat. Also, my wife doesn't like travelling on the SV.

· Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
2,020 Posts
Hey really nice, good nick and with good mods, even the coolant reserve tank is clear enough to see the coolant! Lol .
The coolant tank died a long time ago....went frosty and got brittle...... its our Aussie sun that did that, bloody UV...she used to get parked outside a lot....since then its been garaged at work so it hasnt aged at all....

Reactions: Urbanjugle

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The coolant tank died a long time ago....went frosty and got brittle...... its our Aussie sun that did that, bloody UV...she used to get parked outside a lot....since then its been garaged at work so it hasnt aged at all....
Nice, mine did the same, had a Crack and started to leak, got a new one from the wreckers. I was cleaning the bike and snapped the plastic res off at the handle too, it got brittle as well.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would be intersted to know: Did the two into one make any horsepower gain? How does it sound compared to twin cans?
From what i remember it livend up the midrange, pulled better in that range but top end is much the same, the bike bike at full chat sounds awesome 2-2 or 2-1. The twin pipes do sound lovely...

· Registered
2007 SV1000s
22 Posts
From what i remember it livend up the midrange, pulled better in that range but top end is much the same, the bike bike at full chat sounds awesome 2-2 or 2-1. The twin pipes do sound lovely...
I found that the Yoshi twin cans with baffles in choke up low to mid range but with baffles out pulled better low to mid range. Top end seemed to have a similar pull either way. Seems to be a bit of a theme there. I have never had standard cans on the SV as I had the Yoshi cans fitted by dealer new. (Have set of brand new OEM cans packaged up sitting in the shed). I love the sound of the Yoshi twin cans. Will have to youtube for vid of SV with two into one making some noise. I find I have to ride her like a 600 inline 4 to keep up when out with the lads on their inline 1000's.

· Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
2,020 Posts
I would be intersted to know: Did the two into one make any horsepower gain? How does it sound compared to twin cans?
Possibly a little better at the top, but, how much is it down to flow, and how much to dropping probably 6kg in weight ?

Sound, well, the original Yoshi that was on it was more mid range sounding, and as it started to get old, tinnier and raspy, and yes i repacked it once.
The Arrow can is a Ducati 1100 monster unit, sleeved to fit the Yoshi mid-pipe...... reckon it smoothed the whole delivery across the range, still good up top
and it is bassier sounding.....people have told me it sounds awesome going past, and under power it is very deep and "brutal" as one person put it....

I kind of miss the twin pipes....had Remus Carbon Grand Prix on back then.....damn they sounded amazing

Reactions: Madmax11

· Registered
100 Posts
I found that the Yoshi twin cans with baffles in choke up low to mid range but with baffles out pulled better low to mid range. Top end seemed to have a similar pull either way. Seems to be a bit of a theme there. I have never had standard cans on the SV as I had the Yoshi cans fitted by dealer new. (Have set of brand new OEM cans packaged up sitting in the shed). I love the sound of the Yoshi twin cans. Will have to youtube for vid of SV with two into one making some noise. I find I have to ride her like a 600 inline 4 to keep up when out with the lads on their inline 1000's.
Yea I like my Yoshi's w/o the baffles but it just sounds terrible at idle. I think she's plenty fast as she is. Id probably kill myself on an R1 or GSXR!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts