SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I'm just performing the external fuel filter modification on my bike, got to the point where I'm looking at locating the filter, from photo's I've seen on the various threads relating to this it appears the filter should sit in front of the rear cylinder but I'm finding it very difficult to get mine to locate there. The fuel hose I'm using is quite thick so I could possibly ease matters slightly by sourcing something thinner but I was also thinking of trying to get a longer run by reversing the fuel rail so that the inlet is on the RH side and slightly further forward where there is more room and I'm wondering if anyone has tried this to good effect or tried it and found issues?

First thing is whether the rail is reversable, it looks fairly symetrical but obviously the would have to be exactly symetrical to work. I could check it easily enough but just wondered if anyone already did it to save me the time?

I know this would put the inlet in the area of the PAIR valve but I've blanked this system off anyhow so that is not a problem. Hopefully the inlet pipe will sit between the throttle and STV linkages too.

· Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
2,071 Posts
I dropped mine in righ tbeside the rear throttle body. Make the front hose the right length to sit her there, then, the rear hose, start at the tank, and lay the hose back to the filter.
Pretty much want the filter to be picked up a little with the tank raised, to ensure that you dont get a kinking in the rear hose. Start long, and trim it of a bit at a time until you are happy.

This is my original Mahle in place

Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive design Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers ML
Difficult to tell looking at a 2D photo of a 3D space but you seem to have more clearance than me, I wonder if my filter is larger in diameter. I think your tubing is thinner too, perhaps I need to look for some thinner walled tubing to my current one.

· Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
2,071 Posts
The UFI filter i got is the same diameter as the Mahle......standard EFI rated fuel hose to suit....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts