SV Portal Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

I have a 03' SV1000s and ordered a set of Motovation frames sliders and can't seem to get them to mount correctly. The mounting position is at the main engine mount where that long bolt goes all the way through the frame. The issue is the left side engine mount that has an interesting collar with 4 slots (looks like a very special or proprietary tool) and looks as if its threaded on the out side of a bolt that threads into the motor. The left frame slider does NOT sit flush in the frame like the right side does. Also, the provided, longer, bolt is too short b/c of the left side engine mount issue. Has anyone came across this? PLEASE HELP ^_^ Thank you for your time.

Seth

Attachments

·
Registered
643 Posts
these collar with 4 slot leave it alone!
Loosen thes nut (hex) and that's it, put there longer bolt with frame sliders.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you notice both sliders are the same, but the mounting hole is different on each side of the bike. So then one of the sliders looks different when they are installed. I called Motovation about this when I got mine and they said that was normal. Motovation said I could cut (shorten) the one slider and they gave me a spec for how much to cut off. That was long ago and I do not remember what it was, so you'll have to call them. I shorten one of mine per their instructions and it looks better.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much. I'll measure and take that left side slider to the machine lab at school and stick it on a lathe. I'll post up some photos when I'm done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts