SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
A #1 Squid
363 Posts
Adjust the nut on your rear brake to make the lever stiffer. I love using my rear instead of my front because it allows me to not put my feet down for alot longer when creeping to a stoplight, parking lots, ect.

·
A #1 Squid
363 Posts
you cant just keep your feet on the pegs without braking? lol
You know how everyone creeps forward a stoplights? It's so frustrating because you can't just stop and wait till it turns green or people get ancy. So you slow WAAAYYY down and creep along, the rear brake provides resistance from the rear allowing you to maintain balance much easier when you're going .5-1 mph.

I also adopted a lot of rear brake usage from riding two up. Bad secondary riders make you rethink how often you want to use the front. Engine Braking and with light front and rear when creeping down to stoplights.

I've locked the rear a few times on my own and felt it worm around, easy to control once you get the hang of it. I can't understand why people are so afraid of this. It's the same thing as it breaking lose when you're in the throttle, one is going faster than the pavement, the other slower. I've never slammed the rear in the twisties, no reason to with the SV. All of my "sliding" experiences have been from riding straight, mostly slowing down to stoplights.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts