SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
Welcome there....

Have a good look around at the do's and do nots and the little fixes, especially the rotor magnet fix and you will have a bike that will last a lifetime......

Registered
congrats !! you become owner of naked SV with 11K miles - thats a baby!! they are rare ducks and i actualy havent seen one on the road either..
anyway, Hi from freezing Philly PA and welcome on the board:cool:

Registered
Thanks for the welcomes!
Yes it has baby mileage. And rare. I looked around awhile to find one.
Hello in the Great Northwet, i'm in Olympia with an 03 S model that I am making comfortable. There is some truly fabulous riding here when it is not raining or on fire! What is your motorcycle palate, if I may ask?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello neighbor! I'm in Graham, south of Puyallup.
Have the MMS, multiple mc syndrome. LOL
Yes I have to make my N model comfy too. So no long rides yet.
I meet a Oly group once a month, 2nd Sat. Can let you know next?

KNEE DRAGGER
Hello in the Great Northwet, i'm in Olympia with an 03 S model that I am making comfortable. There is some truly fabulous riding here when it is not raining or on fire! What is your motorcycle palate, if I may ask?
I grew up in Olympia and am now in Portland. I own an 03 S, 04 S, and a 06 S. My 04 I have put 162,000 miles on!

Great area for street or off road riding for sure.

-ms

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MS good to hear from you.
With your extensive experience with the SV1000S have you had any failures concerning the clutch basket and or the rotor magnets.
Thanks, Dan

KNEE DRAGGER
MS good to hear from you.
With your extensive experience with the SV1000S have you had any failures concerning the clutch basket and or the rotor magnets.
Thanks, Dan
I have updated my bikes and several others with modified clutch baskets. That is a great update. The updates are tough and can put up with lots of miles and race level abuse. @realshelby does a great job.

I have likely repaired 20 plus SV1000/DL1000 magnet failures. My latest build for myself used a 14 DL1000 crank and a significantly lightened captive magnet rotor from the same DL.

-ms

Registered
I grew up in Olympia and am now in Portland. I own an 03 S, 04 S, and a 06 S. My 04 I have put 162,000 miles on!

Great area for street or off road riding for sure.

-ms
have you swapped wheels on any of your S's? i'm making mine into a "standard" and would like to mount 80/20 adventure rubber on spoke rims

KNEE DRAGGER
have you swapped wheels on any of your S's? i'm making mine into a "standard" and would like to mount 80/20 adventure rubber on spoke rims
I have swapped on Marchesini and Marvic wheels, but for road racing purposes only.

-ms

Registered
I have swapped on Marchesini and Marvic wheels, but for road racing purposes only.

-ms
did they take the stock axel or did you change bearings? I'm wondering. what the range of Id/0d cha
opps. basically im wondering what hubs will take the stock axel with and without bearing changes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts