SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! New to the group! Working on my front end swap. Have a 03 gsxr 1000 set up mounted on my 05 650! Having an issue with alignment of brakes and rotors. My rotors don't come out far enough for the brakes... Had this happened to anyone else?
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Bicycle tire Tread

Automotive tire Wheel Locking hubs Vehicle brake Tread

Tire Bicycle Crankset Wheel Automotive tire

Automotive tire Tire Tread Wood Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
360 Posts
You cant use washers to get it up - basically should just use 1 or 2 no more.
BTW how are you having fitment issues there ? When we do front end swaps (done many GS500 to katana or GSXR) all the fitting issues are all in the upper and lower triple area. Use the GS stem or modify the Kat stem, from there on down everything is as original as possible to the kat/GSXR. In fact I have even fit a KX250 front end onto a Savage with a +9 rake at the triples. Again, absolutely no issues in the brake caliper, only in the triple clamps, get that right and you're home free.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Uhhhh You really should not start your motorcycle repair journey with a front end swap. Swapping air filters, swapping batteries, swapping tires, swapping seats, handlebars, tanks, etc etc first. Please tell you have done a few of those.
Well I've done all those things already, I'm ok with a wrench.... Forks are uncharted territory for me. First time for everything

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well I've done all those things already, I'm ok with a wrench.... Forks are uncharted territory for me. First time for everything
Ok that's fine, you should be alright. From your phrasing I thought you're going at the forks with a brand new set of wrenches you bought at harbor freight yesterday. The first time I tried that I couldn't even take off the front wheel off my katana. And that after doing the same type of work on my 100cc bike in India. TBH a katana also is one of the weirdest bikes to take the front wheel off - a fact that only dawned on me decades later.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,948 Posts
I think that your bike is a lady that is decent, modest.... a love like no other.....not Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct..... she has her legs crossed, thats all

Reactions: Urbanjugle
1 - 12 of 12 Posts