SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
2,018 Posts
Welcome nau mai haere mai from across the ditch.....

There are a couple of members there in eNZed, you should be able to catch up along the way maybe...

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
2,018 Posts
yeah.....345 now....same motor...only ever done the rotor, stator and the clutch upgrade... Built her from the crate new in Sept 03

Reactions: Urbanjugle

·
Registered
2007 SV1000s
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please. What is the clutch upgrade?
I've just brought new aftermarket rear shock and cartridges for the forks. Wanted to keep it looking stock re forks. That and more Goodies on order . Prob be waiting awhile for it to arrive at this time of year. So will have to put up with the crap OEM stuff for a while longer.

·
Registered
2007 SV1000s
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please. What is the clutch upgrade?
I've just brought new aftermarket rear shock and cartridges for the forks. Wanted to keep it looking stock re forks. That and more Goodies on order . Prob be waiting awhile for it to arrive at this time of year. So will have to put up with the crap OEM stuff for a while longer.
Which method of clutch pgrade did you use?

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
2,018 Posts
Yeah, WERKS Parts in the States..... Terry is the man.
He re-engineers the basket and it takes out a tonne of vibes and lots of the "chudder"...
You can also replace the slipper hub with the 2nd gen DL unit, which is better designed, or, like me, i used the 1st gen DL which is non-slipper, so no moving (bag of bones) parts....

·
Registered
2007 SV1000s
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, WERKS Parts in the States..... Terry is the man.
He re-engineers the basket and it takes out a tonne of vibes and lots of the "chudder"...
You can also replace the slipper hub with the 2nd gen DL unit, which is better designed, or, like me, i used the 1st gen DL which is non-slipper, so no moving (bag of bones) parts....
Thanks. Want to do it, but man it aint cheap to get it to NZ. I'm nearly at the value of bike with the current mods I'm doing. But I suppose I'll get it, as I have no intention of selling the Toy.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
2,018 Posts
The freight costs are ridiculous now hey..... somebody gettin' rich of us fools.....:D

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
2,018 Posts
Gonna wait till coming winter to do it now. Send my own basket over. Keep costs lower which avoids having to pay extra duty and customs charges as well.
Have you checked how much it will cost to ship yours ? Might cancel out the savngs....?

·
Registered
2007 SV1000s
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have you checked how much it will cost to ship yours ? Might cancel out the savngs....?
Cheaper to send mine. He said he doesn't have baskets to do exchanges as people are not returning there baskets to him ,especially overseas customers. New ones put me into custom charges so real blow out there.
I store bike for 4 months thru winter anyway as not keen on freezing my arse off anymore.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
2,018 Posts
.....................I store bike for 4 months thru winter anyway as not keen on freezing my arse off anymore.
That why your brothers and sisters all move to Queensland.... HA HA

Nobody winters a bike here....:eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts