SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have recently purchased a crashed '03 sv1000s and am in the process of getting it back on the road. I have been lurking in the forum for a couple of weeks now and I have decided to join up.

I live in Ontario, West of Toronto and I am always open to meeting other enthusiasts, talking shop and riding.

Looking forward to hopefully contributing to the forum as well.

Regards,
Dan

·
Registered
2003 SV1000s (YC2)
110 Posts
Welcome welcome!

What kind of work are you dealing with to get the project back on the road?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Well, the previous owner went ass over tea kettle during a wheelie so the damage is pretty extensive as far as top side plastic bits go, but it is straight and repairable. I've got pretty much everything that I need either in hand or on route and I am doing a bunch of preventative/needed maintenance items like the green connector and the stator magnets while it is in pieces.

I love rebuilding bikes, as opposed to cars....I find it easier to keep the entire scope of the project in front of me, if that makes sense.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there.
I'm from Toronto.
I am also having issues with the magnets on my sv1000s. Can we talk and maybe exchange some info?
Welcome to the community.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,419 Posts
Welcome Dekooy..... there is another member on the forum maybe willing to sell off their copper plastics .....and another who is parting out the whole bike (silver).......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts