SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie sv rider, was woundering if anyone has a few minutes to talk threw some questions I have about the bike...sport rider just used to 600rr and 954rr...this v twin feeling is new for me .. thanks 馃馃徏馃檹馃徏

Registered
2007 SV1000s
Newbie sv rider, was woundering if anyone has a few minutes to talk threw some questions I have about the bike...sport rider just used to 600rr and 954rr...this v twin feeling is new for me .. thanks 馃馃徏馃檹馃徏
Hey there. I'm new to site also but have 2007 sv1000s from new. Also own 2000 gsxr750. I can prob answer a few of your questions

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey there. I'm new to site also but have 2007 sv1000s from new. Also own 2000 gsxr750. I can prob answer a few of your questions
Awsome!!! Thank you so much...I'm having issues with the fan not turning on and overheating...new temp plug in radiator..hooked fan to alternate power source fan turns on..used nodes to check hot wires all good..and looked at fuses ...talked about a secondary fuse or relay on the bike but I cannot find it

Registered
2007 SV1000s
Awsome!!! Thank you so much...I'm having issues with the fan not turning on and overheating...new temp plug in radiator..hooked fan to alternate power source fan turns on..used nodes to check hot wires all good..and looked at fuses ...talked about a secondary fuse or relay on the bike but I cannot find it
Could a faulty fan thermo switch

Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
Mr Recoil, does the fan curcuit also go via the temp sensor in the back of the front cylinder ? Maybe that unit is toast ?

Wiring off somewhere maybe

Registered
Mr Recoil, does the fan curcuit also go via the temp sensor in the back of the front cylinder ? Maybe that unit is toast ?

Wiring off somewhere maybe
Fan power goes to the thermo switch...which he's already replaced. If power is getting to this switch...and jumping the plug leads makes the fan run (best way to test the fan)....then it's not getting hot enough for the switch to engage. There's nothing else in the circuit to worry about. Most fan problems end up being the blades are being obstructed because the fan housing is bent....free up the fan so it spins easily with a flick of the finger then it should work fine. Just remember that you'll see 222F+ before it turns on...then should turn off about 210F+/-.
OP said it was 'overheating'...but we don't know exactly what he means. Going by temperature many think 220+ is too hot..but it's not. Or the cooling system could be gushing when it gets hot due to expansion which would be a bad radiator cap type issue. It should be able to get to 240+ before venting excessively if the cap is holding the proper pressure. We've seen people with similar problems just not be installing the rad cap properly so that's something to check for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts