SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
With everyone doing renthal conversions - and I have a set here with risers - Some how I dont want to.
In fact I put a N triple set on because I wanted the gauge mounted on the triple. But my headlight bracket is frame mounted with fabbed ears. And I am running the stock S model clip on's on top of the triples. Somehow I love clip on's ever since my 89 GS 500, literally every bike I own has either clip on's or if its a cruiser I try to fit drag bars. In fact I made and sold several 100 GS500 bar sets that put your hands in the exact same position as the 89 clip on's.

·
Registered
383 Posts
No, I'm a clip on guy. BTW that also means I wasted a lot of time and treasure "converting" to the N instead of well, just making a gauge bracket and slapping it on the S's triple. Cos I'm already fabbing brackets for the twin dominator headlights.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I would offer my idea here - Twin dominators can be frame mounted in the center with a ear off the fairing lugs on the frame. Then the gauge pod can be put on the underside of the triple - I suspect an SV650 gauge bracket (still available part #34162-16G30 May be 100 mm spacing and you can bolt it under the tube bar. The 1000 bracket is 34162-16G40 but its 112.5 spacing. In any case all you need to do is kluge up a way to hold the gauge at the triple. I can show you the dominator bracket and set up in a few days. But its just 2 pieces of sheet aluminum. It looks cool as eff. Though I wont say it looks factory - which is my bar for everything. Maybe I'll refab that light bracket to look factory. Twin LED dominators will also prevent green connector from burning up cos they draw very little current. Just be ready for many many lighting and focus problems, not a good idea if you like to ride in the dark.
PS: Added benefit. It gets rid of a ton of weight high up in the bike and far from the Center of gravity.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Those aren't stock triples ? I thought you can drill em and put risers.
Only other triples with holes that will fit come off an N (like I did only now to really think I wasted a lot of time and $$.
The aftermarket triples all are GSXR FE conversions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts