SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Crankset

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

G'day,

I've just purchased a SV1000 and thought I'd introduce myself. I've rode it once from where I picked it up 200kms away. It was cold, wet, and I loved every minute. My last bike (3+ years ago) being an `05 R6, this feels completely different.

I have pulled the bike apart a little bit and found a few concerns, nothing I'm sure I won't be able to solve though.

2006 SV1000S
45,000kms
Jardine Exhausts (chopped by previous owner)

View attachment 118112
Aup brother
I have also recently invested in a sv 1000 2005 with 15k on the clock & just done a high bar conversion , ive yet to try her out as just got cables to tidy up should make a vast difference in comfort it was a bit fiddly but having read other fellow sv owners experiences not to bad & looks great the pics are before conversion i will add new pics asap .

·
Registered
10 Posts
With everyone doing renthal conversions - and I have a set here with risers - Some how I dont want to.
In fact I put a N triple set on because I wanted the gauge mounted on the triple. But my headlight bracket is frame mounted with fabbed ears. And I am running the stock S model clip on's on top of the triples. Somehow I love clip on's ever since my 89 GS 500, literally every bike I own has either clip on's or if its a cruiser I try to fit drag bars. In fact I made and sold several 100 GS500 bar sets that put your hands in the exact same position as the 89 clip on's.
yes im sure it will look the bo****ks ,ive finished my conversion today but due to crap weather no test ride so tomorrow i will unleash hell & wake everyone within a 5 mile radius , heres the finished bike
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
10 Posts
No, I'm a clip on guy. BTW that also means I wasted a lot of time and treasure "converting" to the N instead of well, just making a gauge bracket and slapping it on the S's triple. Cos I'm already fabbing brackets for the twin dominator headlights.
Sounds good im just pondering on changing the front headlight & fairing to a more street fighter look their doesn't seem yo be much choice , i was thinking fabbing my own using a donor set up ‘ decisions ‘🤯

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would offer my idea here - Twin dominators can be frame mounted in the center with a ear off the fairing lugs on the frame. Then the gauge pod can be put on the underside of the triple - I suspect an SV650 gauge bracket (still available part #34162-16G30 May be 100 mm spacing and you can bolt it under the tube bar. The 1000 bracket is 34162-16G40 but its 112.5 spacing. In any case all you need to do is kluge up a way to hold the gauge at the triple. I can show you the dominator bracket and set up in a few days. But its just 2 pieces of sheet aluminum. It looks cool as eff. Though I wont say it looks factory - which is my bar for everything. Maybe I'll refab that light bracket to look factory. Twin LED dominators will also prevent green connector from burning up cos they draw very little current. Just be ready for many many lighting and focus problems, not a good idea if you like to ride in the dark.
PS: Added benefit. It gets rid of a ton of weight high up in the bike and far from the Center of gravity.
Cheers bro great in-depth advice must say these forums are a great way to discuss issues that arise with knowledgeable humans 🤩

·
Registered
10 Posts
@Mr G That looks sweet. After I sort out my flywheel I reckon this will be on the cards
Did you require new brake & clutch lines?
Where did you buy your new triple from?
What else was required?
@Mr G That looks sweet. After I sort out my flywheel I reckon this will be on the cards
Did you require new brake & clutch lines?
Where did you buy your new triple from?
What else was required?
Hi adam thanks fella , i got the conversion set from cnc : top yoke , risers , break lines & clutch line banjo bolts & washers which all fit well , think it cost about £180 also their are lots of options regarding colour's & finishes , i had to use vstorm throttle cables which fit ok but quite long about 230mm but managed to reroute them inside fairing cost £30 , best way to fit them was to take air box off & slacken throttle body's from their mounting & ease out throttle body's & lean them to the right side enough to expose the cables thens its a piece off p”” , other wise you will lose the will to live & destroy everything you love , all the best buddy , oh yeh it makes a good bike brilliant now im thinking of changing the head light fairing to a more street fighter style but not many cool looking ones out their may have to us a donor off another beast & fabricate my own 👍

·
Registered
10 Posts
Those aren't stock triples ? I thought you can drill em and put risers.
Only other triples with holes that will fit come off an N (like I did only now to really think I wasted a lot of time and $$.
The aftermarket triples all are GSXR FE conversions.
No fella purchased it from cnc top yokes quality prod solid aluminium billet lovely😛

1 - 7 of 7 Posts