SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Crazy Old Foole
7,325 Posts
How well did it run at that elevation?
I'm familiar with Mt. Evans. It's the highest paved road in the continental U.S., with beautiful Echo Lake at the bottom where the road starts up the mountain.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How well did it run at that elevation?
I'm familiar with Mt. Evans. It's the highest paved road in the continental U.S., with beautiful Echo Lake at the bottom where the road starts up the mountain.
It ran perfectly. I live in Colorado Springs, my house is at 6840 ft.
I rode from Evergreen, CO, up Squaw Pass road to the Mt. Evans dedicated road. Squaw pass is its own adventure, about a hundred switchbacks, zipping along in 2nd and 3rd gear!

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,501 Posts
Damn, i can see the plate in the back of you oil level window.....i gotta use a torch and divining rods to check mine now.....:ROFLMAO:

·
KNEE DRAGGER
5,136 Posts
Damn, i can see the plate in the back of you oil level window.....i gotta use a torch and divining rods to check mine now.....:ROFLMAO:
Why is yours that dirty? That likely means lots of combustion by products or old nasty oil and hanging around.

-ma

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,501 Posts
Why is yours that dirty? That likely means lots of combustion by products or old nasty oil and hanging around.

-ma

A lot of miles / kilometres / parsecs...

Still goes like a cut cat, just be nice to see the oil level a little easier.......i run an engine clean fluid every second or third flush....and when i dump the oil,i empty the filter
and spin it back on and run the motor for 30 secs to empty as much of the old crap out as possible, (another cup or 2) then drop a cup of fresh oil in to scavenge the dregs out before refilling......

Reactions: Urbanjugle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey, Binco.
That is such a great ride. I try to do it at least once a year (I'm in Boulder). I have never had an altitude problem since fuel injection came along. Carbureted, more of a challenge. I also have a naked 2003 SV with a 2005 GSX750 Showa front fork and those great GSX Nissin radial brakes. Yoshis. Steel braided brake lines. Speedo Healer, cause its stock "long legs" are insane on a naked so I dropped a tooth on the countershaft. Feels like it wants to spit you off at 140! Tail tidy, hugger, rear turn signals in the tail light, bikini fairing, Pazzos. I really love my bike.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey, Binco.
That is such a great ride. I try to do it at least once a year (I'm in Boulder). I have never had an altitude problem since fuel injection came along. Carbureted, more of a challenge. I also have a naked 2003 SV with a 2005 GSX750 Showa front fork and those great GSX Nissin radial brakes. Yoshis. Steel braided brake lines. Speedo Healer, cause its stock "long legs" are insane on a naked so I dropped a tooth on the countershaft. Feels like it wants to spit you off at 140! Tail tidy, hugger, rear turn signals in the tail light, bikini fairing, Pazzos. I really love my bike. View attachment 117688 View attachment 117688
Sharp!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts