SV Portal Forums banner
741 - 743 of 743 Posts

· Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
2,064 Posts
Once the rotor has gne through any heat cycles, and obviously yours is pretty fresh, time is the enemy for the glue.....the acids and the like in the oil break the glue down......
I have a spare motor with (in imperials terms) has about 10k miles on it, and all but one magnet was loose......
I accept that yours may be better off, as the oil proabbly hasn't taken on many contaminants yet.

· Registered
03 Suzuki sv1000
2 Posts
I bypassed my entire green connector this past weekend. It was part of a bigger issue though, and I honestly still haven't gotten it separated to see if it's damaged.

I got the bike at auction with no keys. I ordered replacement ignition, fuel cap and cowl locks on eBay. The ignition I purchased was apparently for a GSXR but happened to also fit an SV1000. I had to hack off the plug and solder it in, but it turns out that the switch works a little different than the SV1000 one.

The red and orange wires are the same, but this switch had a green and black/white wire instead of brown and orange/yellow like the SV.

After installation I got the blinking FI light and a code check showed that it was the immobilizer. Also, my blinkers and taillight weren't working.

So, I ended up doing some custom wiring. I wired the red wire normally. I patched the brown (illumination) wire in with the orange wire so lights would get power with ignition on. I wired the black/white wire in with the orange/yellow wire and added the correct resistor jumped between orange and orange/yellow. I didn't use the green wire from the ignition at all.

While I did all of this I bypassed the green connector as I was getting intermittent "restarts" on the gauge where it would go blank and then come back up, or it would cut off then I tried to engage the starter. I figured I'd rather bypass than hope it was okay and then get stranded. It wasn't a difficult job at all, but the leads I had to work with on the bike side were short after cutting the connector off.
I bypassed my entire green connector this past weekend. It was part of a bigger issue though, and I honestly still haven't gotten it separated to see if it's damaged.

I got the bike at auction with no keys. I ordered replacement ignition, fuel cap and cowl locks on eBay. The ignition I purchased was apparently for a GSXR but happened to also fit an SV1000. I had to hack off the plug and solder it in, but it turns out that the switch works a little different than the SV1000 one.

The red and orange wires are the same, but this switch had a green and black/white wire instead of brown and orange/yellow like the SV.

After installation I got the blinking FI light and a code check showed that it was the immobilizer. Also, my blinkers and taillight weren't working.

So, I ended up doing some custom wiring. I wired the red wire normally. I patched the brown (illumination) wire in with the orange wire so lights would get power with ignition on. I wired the black/white wire in with the orange/yellow wire and added the correct resistor jumped between orange and orange/yellow. I didn't use the green wire from the ignition at all.

While I did all of this I bypassed the greern connector as I was getting intermittent "restartancehrances" on the gauge where it would go blank and then come back up, or it would cut off then I tried to engage the starter. I figured I'd rather bypass than hope it was okay and then get stranded. It wasn't a difficult job at all, but the leads I had to work with on the bike side were short after cutting the connector off.
What's up guys my name is jayr.i recently traded for a 03 sv 1000 same procedure as above only difference is it still won't fire.i got back light on dash no tach.no display.got blinkers.headlight.taillight neutral light if someone could share some insight it would be great

· Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
2,064 Posts
You have gone through all your fuses ? Check the SIGNAL fuse, it might look ok, and even show continuity, but swap it out and see.
I had no dash and instruments recently, and that was the issue. Mind you, mine still ran.

741 - 743 of 743 Posts