SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Im new on this forum. I own a SV 1000S 2007. Stock. But with LeoVince SBK slip-on.

The bike starts easy and runs smoothwhen idle.

The problem is. After riding, when bike is hot. When i try to hold the throttle on example 5000 RPM or 8000 RPM the bike feels weird. Its almost like the power pulses from the engine is at the same time, so a split second the bike has no power. Best i can describe is like someone is touching the break every second.

ive adjusted the TPS. Kicks in at around 1450 RPM. Also synced the TB. Changed spark plugs. No error codes.

my question is, have someone else excperienced this? Or is it just the querks of the v-twin.

Thanks.

·
Registered
Suzuki sv1000s 2003
12 Posts
Im no expert, but after I changed flywheel with magnets(one magnet was broken, others all open), my bike runs much better, no vibes, runs much faster, quicker, just feels really good.
Tho I might have clutch slipping problem now, seems like that anyway, next thing I gone fix.
Might not be anything with magnets related, but worth to check.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im no expert, but after I changed flywheel with magnets(one magnet was broken, others all open), my bike runs much better, no vibes, runs much faster, quicker, just feels really good.
Tho I might have clutch slipping problem now, seems like that anyway, next thing I gone fix.
Might not be anything with magnets related, but worth to check.
Tnx! Going to check them asap

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like a TPS sensor.
I have adjusted it, i set idle to 1200 RPM, and adjusted TPS so it kicks in at 1450 RPM (dealer mode, the indicator moves to top)

But could the
TPS be damaged?

i have been worrying that the bike might have random voltage drops. Been thinking about mounting a voltage gauge. Ive read on forums that people have had problems with unstable voltage and that may cause a weak spark plug?

Cant figure this out. Some times i can ride the bike a great distance without notice anything. But out of nowhere it starts acting up again. Its not a plesant experience riding anymore. Engine sounds rough. RPM needle moving back and forth. Its almost like its not an even flow of gas. But i checket pump, filter. Looks alright.

i will check the magnets on the flywheel that its in the right place when home from vaccation.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The wear of the TPS sensor can be anywhere, in my case, in addition to the wear of the sensor, there was a backlash of thrust between the throttle valves, this led to uneven operation of the cylinders.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,419 Posts
Is this hppening while riding the bike, or out of gear stopped ?

If it is happening when riding, and the bike stumbles and coughs after 5-6k rpm, it could be your sidestand switch.......
The vibes are enough to shake the arse out of it and make it think the sidestand is being put down a hundred times a minute......
Put an octopus strap on the stand and put lot of tension on it, and see of that reduces the problem.....if so, then lift the tank and you
will find the sidestand harness connector behind the rear rocker cover..... unplug it and then short the bike side of that harness with some
terminals and wire..... then go for a ride

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is this hppening while riding the bike, or out of gear stopped ?

If it is happening when riding, and the bike stumbles and coughs after 5-6k rpm, it could be your sidestand switch.......
The vibes are enough to shake the arse out of it and make it think the sidestand is being put down a hundred times a minute......
Put an octopus strap on the stand and put lot of tension on it, and see of that reduces the problem.....if so, then lift the tank and you
will find the sidestand harness connector behind the rear rocker cover..... unplug it and then short the bike side of that harness with some
terminals and wire..... then go for a ride
Yes, this only happens when in gear riding the bike. Nothing when out of gear down hill. I will test your suggestion. Thank you!

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,419 Posts
Yes, this only happens when in gear riding the bike. Nothing when out of gear down hill. I will test your suggestion. Thank you!
I reckon thats probably the problem...... the tension on the stand MIGHT help to point you in the right direction, but, the slightly more involved bypass of the
switch is the real teller......

If you bypass, just remember, you can start the bike in gear with the stand down, which the switch would normally stop...so, make sure you let the clutch out slow after starting to make sure the bike doesn't do a runner.....

Reactions: Urbanjugle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I reckon thats probably the problem...... the tension on the stand MIGHT help to point you in the right direction, but, the slightly more involved bypass of the
switch is the real teller......

If you bypass, just remember, you can start the bike in gear with the stand down, which the switch would normally stop...so, make sure you let the clutch out slow after starting to make sure the bike doesn't do a runner.....
I tested your suggestion. First tested biken when on a support stand. Put it in first gear and wiggeled on the bike stand. Nothing. I had to push it almost complete out for it to kick in and kill the engine. I also tested to disconect the sensor and went for a ride. It made no difference. Thanks for the suggestion though. Looks like i have to keep searching.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,419 Posts
I tested your suggestion. First tested biken when on a support stand. Put it in first gear and wiggeled on the bike stand. Nothing. I had to push it almost complete out for it to kick in and kill the engine. I also tested to disconect the sensor and went for a ride. It made no difference. Thanks for the suggestion though. Looks like i have to keep searching.
When you say you disconnected the sensor, you lifted the fuel tank, found the connection under there, and then bridged the terminals on the bike side of that connector ?
If that isn't done, then the bike wont run at all......so thats the left side of the plug (as seen in the pic.....the right side of the plug goes back the stand)
If you have done that, then there is a possibility that the gear position switch is dirty, and that requires removing the clutch to clean that....but thats a last resort

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When you say you disconnected the sensor, you lifted the fuel tank, found the connection under there, and then bridged the terminals on the bike side of that connector ?
If that isn't done, then the bike wont run at all......so thats the left side of the plug (as seen in the pic.....the right side of the plug goes back the stand)
If you have done that, then there is a possibility that the gear position switch is dirty, and that requires removing the clutch to clean that....but thats a last resort
Yes, sorry for the lack of description. I will check out if i can find some info about the gear position switch.

Theres a lot of dirt from chain around the lever area. Could be something.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,419 Posts
Yes, sorry for the lack of description. I will check out if i can find some info about the gear position switch.

Theres a lot of dirt from chain around the lever area. Could be something.
The excessive crud around the gear lever area is something that does need to be addressed, just as a maintenance thing....remove the clutch slave cylinder and the front sprocket cover
and you will discover a whole world of rubbish to clean away in there... ha ha

But, unless that build up is encasing the sidestand switch and creating some sort of temporal wormhole, it probably isn't the problem you are having....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts