SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
D'oh, nuts.....mmm Donuts
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Work in progress

black svnk3, seat cowl, oil and water rad covers, what do people think? (w00t)

·
Registered
166 Posts
congratulations!!!! Very Nice looking machine. What are you going to mod first? :niceone:

·
Registered
6,678 Posts
.....what do people think?
I'm not speaking to you 'cos I know how much (little!) you paid for it :devil2:

......but I guess it looks pretty ok :lol:

·
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mod's

andy, i just happen to be at the right place at the right time, i paid under 4k on an 04 plate. the color is 33j, its a novetly black with flecks of red, blues, greens when seen in the sunlight. as for mods, if you look at my avatar, its a gsx750x (retro/inazuma) with one off black with multicolour fleck and pearlescent white (cream / gold / white) hayabusa front end, with six pot calipers, upside downies with conversion kit for renthals, viper race can (cut in half). I have renthals in gunmetal grey for my sv1k with bar end mirrors, i tried to fit them this weekend, but i could not find enough stretch in the cables etc, just waiting to buy a pair of cans, and a spare tail piece to mod up at the moment. heres a quickly modified picture

·
Registered
166 Posts
Now that is a true MODifacation. It will look totally unique- and awesome!! Keep us posted on the progress. I am glad some people have the guts to dive right in and make it their own. You got an awesome deal by the way :punk:

·
shotgun blast
3,055 Posts
ride_naked said:
Congrats on your new naked. You're tail mod reminds me of Buells.
good point. Personaly it's not my cup of tea ;)

·
Registered
6,678 Posts
Now that is a true MODifacation. It will look totally unique- and awesome!! Keep us posted on the progress
Yeah when you're ready start a new thread and post regular updates on what you do and how you do it........too many 'here's my finished bike' posts round here, much more interesting to see how mods are done, problems encountered etc. :niceone:

Seeing the rad cowl.....check out Pyramid Plastics.

Cheers

·
Registered
335 Posts
KitKat,

I' have a black naked sv1k, with bellypan....: have I to say it's beautiful?
I removed the headlight and Ive started to work at a double vertical headlight, with brand new aluminium supports. I'll let you know any advancement. ;-)
I also have a new black, lower handlebar ready to be mounted

But....where did you buy the seat cowl? It's impossible to find out a black original one.

Thanks

·
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
seat cowl

Suzuki do not list the cowl for the naked in black (colour 33j novelty black). I had nothing to do one friday afternoon, so i went for a bimble to crescent suzuki in bournemouth, after i eventually found them, i had a good look around, and asked if they had a seat cowl in black? two minutes later, a genuine suzuki cowl in colour matched 33j with all the bits, plastic fillers, bolts etc £75 later hey presto, saves spraying up. The other little project is a hugger, the swing arms are different between the s and n by quite a bit, am in the process of refibreglassing and painting.

·
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the other motorsickle

ride_naked said:
Congrats on your new naked. You're tail mod reminds me of Buells.
XB9R firbolt :devil2: i'm not to sure, i have seen others, like the x1 lightning :yes:

·
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
help!

just remembered my own thread :oops:

Just posted a reply on RISERS, I spent a couple of (cold) hours on friday afternoon fitting my renthals, fitted the renthals, then tried to refit everything back on, could i, NO, will have to invest in longer brake line, longer clutch line but not to sure on cables, do have i enough to play with? i need to gain around 3inchs :blush: and maybe re-route them? can anyone help? is anyone reading my thread? :wallbash:

·
NPC
4,043 Posts
I'm reading your thread!

Have you checked the length of the braided stainless steel brake lines?

Here are some threads on them ....

http://www.sv1000.zyns.com/forums/search.php?searchid=267311

I'm so proud of myself for not posting how you could get 3 more inches. :blush:
My mind is in the wrong place today :killingme

·
Registered
90 Posts
I put 2" risers on my 03naked and it required new brake and clutch lines. The electrical wires were OK with slight re-routing and slight stretching, but the throttle controls pull very tight on hard right lock with the bars at midpoint (front-back). (Oh, I guess I should have mentioned that I got the kind of risers you can rotate front-back.)

Let me try to re-state that. With the 2" rise and longer brake and clutch lines, the bars can't go any further back than midway because of the electrical wires and throttle cables. Midway for me is probably equal to standard straight-on risers. Even at midway, I worry that when I lock the steering to the right the throttle could do something extremely undesirable because the cables are pulled so tightly. That's with 2" rise.

So, if you're going for 3" you'll almost surely need new cables. If you find a way to re-route the current ones I'd be impressed, surprised, and interested in the details. I thought perhaps going behind the triple, but wouldn't that be dangerous, and possibly too angular? I'm no mechanic so I'm only guessing here.

If you find a some longer cables that will work, I would be interested in the what & where, so I can get some too.

·
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The riser's are as standard on the nekkid, but the renthals are 3inches wider, I really dont want to cut the bars down, because i had them on my suzy 750 retro, and they are really nice feel,

1 - 20 of 136 Posts