SV Portal Forums banner

Power Commander 3 USB Installation Help

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  RC. 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good online tutorial, preferably a video, for installing the Power Commander 3 USB (314-410) on a U.S. model 2005 SV1000S. I couldn't find anything on Google or Youtube.

Dynojet has the following guide: https://www.dynojet.com/amfile/file/download/file/4134/product/3596/
This one says '03-'04 model years, but I saw the same exact guide recycled with '05-'07 as the title, even though you can see it is exactly the same and the silver frame is a giveaway, so that's confusing: https://gfx.motosport.com/product/DynoJet/eng324-411.pdf

First, I can't manage to figure out how to unplug the connector in Figure A (I don't see where the clip is to push in... and I forgot to take a pic of it), and when I pop off the connection to the TPS the plug (first pic) looks to have a completely different connection from what I have here with the Power Commander (second pic):

What's going on here?

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
The instructions you have linked look nothing lke what my PC3 came with many many years ago......there was no TPS "in series" connector ....you had to splice in a separate wire to the TPS
Those instructions are for a 314-411 kit....yours is a 314-410, which is what mine was.......from memory

Though, one thing hasn't changed......the Dynojet instructions are pointedly poor and compiled by a very lazy person....

What you are holding in your hand is obviously the PC3 loom.......and it looks like it has been sitting a dirty corner somewhere, assuming you bought it second hand ?
Hopefully it is still working.

The separate wire i referred to earlier is in the background of the pic......that needs to be connected to one of the TPS wires.....the PINK one
Please, try to connect that grey wire by soldering it to the terminal in the TPS plug....you release those wires by prising that white keeper plug out of the connector....

Give both ends a good flush out with contact or brake cleaner and a light dose of WD or similar....
The PC3 harness then connects directly into the FI harness as an "in series" splice.......

#3 ·
Yes, I did pick it up second hand and it could use a clean.

Good catch on the part number, I didn't realize that. And that was what was linked to for the 314-410 piece on their website, go figure. It is terrible.

I thought this was supposed to be completely plug and play, hmmm... I didn't realize the white piece was a cap/plug, so thanks for pointing that out.

#4 ·
............................I thought this was supposed to be completely plug and play, hmmm... I didn't realize the white piece was a cap/plug, so thanks for pointing that out.

I know what it feels like....i too stare at things, the things stare back at me, and even though i am the animate object, i feel the inanimate object knows more about what is going on than me...:ROFLMAO:

Once i was worded up on those keeper pieces things got a whole lot easier.... if you can graft the grey line into the plug it will be all good....or as i saw suggested elsewhere, run a grey wire out from the plug, and then make it separate plug to the PC3 grey wire for easy removal....if you get my drift....

#5 ·
The 6 pin connector is for the injector control harness.

There are 2 different models of the PCIII. One will connect to the TPS via a harness connector, or the older ones which just taps into the output line of the TPS.

-ms

#6 ·
also i would suggest before you hook it up to your bike and start it, to download software for PCIII to your computer so you can see what map is downloaded on it.
i bought mine PCIII second hand w/o any instructions and it was the older model with vampire connector ( PC people didnt even wanna talk to me when send them email + pics and didnt help me where to connect that vampire connector) when i saw the map what was on it i had no idea what it was and only way to get a rid of it i had to reset the whole thing and than download to it map to match my set up.
but you are here at right place to find out what you looking for

#7 · (Edited)
It had the zero map on it. I put the Micron slip on + aftermarket air filter map on it, as it was the option of the few that seemed to most closely match what I have (D&D slip ons + K&N air filter). That was the easy part. It's physically connecting it that gave me issues. I haven't been able to get back at it lately, but hope to soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.