1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Great new face-lifted site!
Your assistance will be greatly appreciated

I have my 2007 SV 1000s ( my 3rd child!)
I am planning to replace the wheel bearings on the rear wheel this weekend but not sure at all as regards the sizes i need to buy .
please help!

regards
Shameless

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,257 Posts
Thank you Knee dragger, di i need to get 2 of 28/52/12?
regards Shamless
Yes, 2 of those...

1 x 62/32-rs sealed bearing
2 x 60/28-2rs sealed bearings
Or equivelants to these

And the Knee Dragger isnt the username it's schmidt314...ha ha......

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all. so i changed all 3 wheel bearings with the help of a ex mechanic friend of mine, he said that there was nothing wrong with the old bearings, i guess what happend
is that the last time i adjusted my chain i did not tighten the axel nut enough because it was not on very tight.This was why i was getting bad vibrations from the handlebars so much so that my hands were going numb.We went for a 200 km trip on Sunday and i am happy to report that the vibrations are now gone.3 bearings later instead of just checking tat the rear axel nut is tight lesson learnt that's for sure!!

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,257 Posts
.......changed all 3 wheel bearings with the help of a ex mechanic friend of mine, .............
Should have mentioned it earlier......but, did you reference the manual for the fitting of the bearings ?
The reason i ask, belatedly, is that one bearing in the rim seats completely in the bore, then the spacer tube is put in and the
opposite bearing seats against the spacer tube....
The brake side bearing goes in first in this instance..... this has some bearing (no pun) on how the sprocket carrier relates to the wheel via its spacer,
and the outer rim of the carrier can, at worst, tap out on the wheel hub.
i know its only a mm, but doing it right brings benefits.....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Should have mentioned it earlier......but, did you reference the manual for the fitting of the bearings ?
The reason i ask, belatedly, is that one bearing in the rim seats completely in the bore, then the spacer tube is put in and the
opposite bearing seats against the spacer tube....
The brake side bearing goes in first in this instance..... this has some bearing (no pun) on how the sprocket carrier relates to the wheel via its spacer,
and the outer rim of the carrier can, at worst, tap out on the wheel hub.
i know its only a mm, but doing it right brings benefits.....
View attachment 117402

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the above info, i am positive that we did install correctly.Do you have any idea of the size of the ring spanner or ratchet size i should buy as i am using a adjustable spanner, i cannot torque the rear axel nut to its correct torque without the correct size that will fit on to my torque wrench.

regards
Shamless

·
KNEE DRAGGER
5,108 Posts
Thank you for the above info, i am positive that we did install correctly.Do you have any idea of the size of the ring spanner or ratchet size i should buy as i am using a adjustable spanner, i cannot torque the rear axel nut to its correct torque without the correct size that will fit on to my torque wrench.

regards
Shamless
36mm on the rear axle nut.
-ms

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Again Schmidt,
i may as well replace the front wheel bearings now that the rear are new.Can you let me know what the front size is please

regards
Shamless

·
KNEE DRAGGER
5,108 Posts
Hi Again Schmidt,
i may as well replace the front wheel bearings now that the rear are new.Can you let me know what the front size is please

regards
Shamless
If you go to an online Suzuki parts supplier, look up the front wheel bearings and the sizes and in some cases bearing numbers are in the description.

-ms

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,257 Posts
Hi Again Schmidt,
6205-2ns bearings....... 25 x 52 x 15 sealed

Reactions: shamless
1 - 14 of 14 Posts