SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last rode the bike about 4 days ago for past couple years no problem regular maintenance all that good stuff. At the end of a 4 hour ride I hear some sort of rattling thought it was the chain. Suddenly bike starts overheating and losing power, and then going up a hill it dies.

When I try to start it up all the lights come on but when hitting the starter I hear like a ringing from the battery/solenoid. I tried to by pass it using a screwdriver on the solenoids and I only get sparks no turnover.

I recently did the magnets 2 weeks prior, and I just changed the battery to try to fix this still just get a ringing when trying to start up. Is it possible that it’s just the starter??

Any ideas would be helpful! Cheers!

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,900 Posts
May not be the starter.....
If you have lost power, all you are getting is clicking, either the battery is dead, or the regulator...... You say you did the magnets, did you put them in in the right direction ?
Meaning, the have a north and south pole, and that sequence needs to be followed all the way around or you will get very low charge rates.

Also take the plug out of the rotor cover and thow a socket in and see if you can turn the motor over freely....anti-lockwise is normal rotation, the noise is not a good thing....
See waht happens and then get back to us....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts