SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

All summer i have been experiencing major issues with my SV1000, 2005.
Shes running rich to start, hit never been a problem.
Have yoshis on it too and never been a problem.
Now, the issue that i cant resolve is this:
I will start out the ride with the throttle and both cylinders working.
After a certain amount of overheating, I will have some stalling ( i will rev it high to prevent stalling) follwed shortly after (100km about) by very high pitched backfiring. After that's when I lose one cylinder and throttle power.

So what I mean by throttle power is that I am not able to accelerate quickly, probably the effect of having only one cylinder.

At that point the spark plugs will become black as well.
I have had the injectors checked and cleaned.
I have changed the spark plugs a number of times throughout the summer.(changing the spark plugs gives it life again but on a temporary basis as the problem reoccurs after a certain amount of riding, ie over heating).
I have changed the coil pack.
There is an error code that appears and disappears, the famous F1.
I'm at a loss and I'm wondering if anyone has any insight.

Thanks, Edwige

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,551 Posts
Welcome to the site Edwigerdm

Sad to hear you are having issues...

Have you been able to identify the fault code ? Would be C** on the dash when in dealer mode. I cant remember the way of manualy triggering the delaer mode on the 05 up bikes, but someone will
let you know soon enough. The fault codes read from C11 up to about C49 may be different range of them on yours (mine is 2003)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the site Edwigerdm

Sad to hear you are having issues...

Have you been able to identify the fault code ? Would be C** on the dash when in dealer mode. I cant remember the way of manualy triggering the delaer mode on the 05 up bikes, but someone will
let you know soon enough. The fault codes read from C11 up to about C49 may be different range of them on yours (mine is 2003)
Thanks for the greating #missing link.

Other than the random F1 i get, part of the frustration is that there is no fault code, so have been doing trial and errors all summer.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,551 Posts
Have you .....

Checked everything as per the manual...as in checked all voltage inputs and outputs, resistance levels, TPS and STPS settings, STVA settings, high idle/cold start settings.

Have you removed and and cleaned the fuel filter pick up strainer, and disassembled the main fuel filter and back flushed/shaken that filter? 1/2 fill the filter with neat fuel system cleaner and block off the inlets and outlets and shake the hell out of it and drain onto some white paper towelling....repeat...and if there is still crap coming out of it, do it again.....if it is down on flow then your injecotrs would have dribbling more than spraying.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you .....

Checked everything as per the manual...as in checked all voltage inputs and outputs, resistance levels, TPS and STPS settings, STVA settings, high idle/cold start settings.

Have you removed and and cleaned the fuel filter pick up strainer, and disassembled the main fuel filter and back flushed/shaken that filter? 1/2 fill the filter with neat fuel system cleaner and block off the inlets and outlets and shake the hell out of it and drain onto some white paper towelling....repeat...and if there is still crap coming out of it, do it again.....if it is down on flow then your injecotrs would have dribbling more than spraying.....
Partially, i have some home work for next weekend. Will start there and give you some feed back.
Thanks so much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts