SV Portal banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Copper Crusader!!
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, 1st I did a search and found "shad" referred to many times, but no real "how good are they" stories.

Really thinking of buying the SH50 topcase, but with the case and the bracketry I am looking at around $500.00....:pinch::pinch:

Before I purchase them I would like to hear from members here about their experiences, likes, dislikes, etc......

Motorcyclist Magazine fitted them to a Multistrada and said they were all that was claimed.......held 2 full face helmets and waterproof for sure. Just looking for some input from you guys, thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 44 on the bike and previously had a 33. I have the Shad brackets, before that I had the sw motech alu rack. Motech stuff was a nice neat design but relied on brackets on the subframe that are not up to the task which failed. I don't have helmet lock brackets any more. Shad rack is not as neat but is strong and works well. Box is waterproof,and holds a full face just. I wish I had bought the larger one at times. Regardless quality seems very good. Had shad boxes for about four years now. Happy with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've just bought a givi V47 tech, along with mounting arms and M5 plate from a place called "riderspoint online" off ebay. Its a german store, but they respond in english, and had the best prices that I could find (Was around $530 AUD shipped to australia - shipping is a killer to us unfortunately). They were great to deal with, so when it arrives, will post up some pics and let people know how it goes. Its supposed to hold 2 x full face helmets and be waterproof (and it looks lots better than other top boxes) so will post a pic up when I get it (and install it all). I could probably find a link if you were interested?

·
Registered
12 Posts
How much is the box alone? The shad rack is universal to shad boxes meaning you can swap sizes without changing base plates. I have a 33 litre as well

·
Registered
22 Posts
It arrived a week ago, but I had to get a rear grab rail as it uses that to mount to. A little fiddly to install, but just over an hour and its all bananas!

Looks great (well, for a top box) and will provide much needed waterproof, lockable storage for my needs. Holds my helmet easily (Shark S900 in large) - would actually hold two of them, so its a decent size.

·
Mile eater
2,793 Posts
When I bought my '07 FJR1300, it had a Shad topbox on it. I've been leaving it off but I just noticed that the little rubber bumpers on the mount are breaking and tow have fallen out. I don't see them anywhere on the shad website and have made some calls locally but I'm not getting anywhere. Has anyone had an experience with these little rubber plug thingies?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts