SV Portal Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Odd ball sized spring (different at one end to the other), valving too stiff yet playing with the shims doesn't have the desired effect, its as though the valve itself is restricting the flow
Adjusters seem to do very little

I couldn't believe the difference when I fitted my Elka and got it dialled in
Have a read of this
Rear Shock and Rear Spring rate. (sorry pictures are gone but if you click on the links they still open)

and this
What was valving did you try ? i.e what changes did you make. I think the valving is soft and it blows through the stroke which is why it feels harsh. The std spring doesn't help as it's a little soft for my weight. The forks really suck one more project and the SV is going to get some love.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Its all in the links of my previous post

·
Registered
543 Posts
Can only suggest you try different valving for your riding style then
Mine def wasnt blowing thru the stroke as it got better as I softened the compression valving more and more
As std it was also way over spung for my 14st as confirmed by the sag figures

Real happy with the final soultion i ended up with all those years ago and havent felt the meed to touch it again in that respect

Keep us updated on what you do as I'd be very interested to know if you end up at the same conclusion as me

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Can only suggest you try different valving for your riding style then
Mine def wasnt blowing thru the stroke as it got better as I softened the compression valving more and more
As std it was also way over spung for my 14st as confirmed by the sag figures

Real happy with the final soultion i ended up with all those years ago and havent felt the meed to touch it again in that respect

Keep us updated on what you do as I'd be very interested to know if you end up at the same conclusion as me
Will do bit slow moving atm have one other project to finish it's nearly done then it's a birthday for the SV.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts