SV Portal Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a curly one......

My speedo has 310000kms on it, the led screen has a shadowy circle on it, so i am guessing it might be on its
way.....also the outer case is melted up top as is common...

So, for bragging rights alone, i want to keep my mileage reading, but, get a fresh speedo....
I think i am stuck with having to get a K3/K4 speedo ...unless someone can say otherwise..

OEM part number ends as G00 and later (05-up) are G60 (these are E19 and E24 country codes)...

What i am asking is this....can the newer speedo be manually recalibrated with the old speedo's mileage count...?

or, can the chip be swapped over?

Or, can the LED face be swapped out of the new one to the old one ???

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm speaking from a general speedo understanding here, but most of the time odometer adjustments can only be done at the factory- this keeps people from lowering the miles on their rigs. I had one go bad on my truck years agin, and the factory had to know the mileage on my truck so they could match one.

On my SV I just bought a gauge cluster- the bummer is that the new one had about 8k more miles than the old one, but whatever- it works!

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dfound a local guy who will do what i want, its no issue, as i would be raising the mileage....but it aint cheap.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's not really difficult. We need software, firmware and a programmer. Well, straight arms, of course. Everything is in stock. Any mileage correction is possible plus switching from Fahrenheit to Celsius and vice versa.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts