SV Portal Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

sport bike bashing

4K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  rjk 
#1 ·
I have been on both sides , the sport bike and cruiser, so going from a cruiser to a sport bike feels like I am in the twilight zone. It's funny I just had a discussion with a friend, and basically he said all sport bike riders are idiots, and should not be on the same streets as cars, and of course he is a HD rider, and I told him, he had a different attitude last year, that was before he got HD syndrome, and I asked him" am I any different when I had my cruiser than I am now"? he really didn't have an answer

#2 ·
Danger Will Robinson, Danger.................You are openning a big can of worms........<_<:yes:

#7 ·
I look at it like this....I wave to every two wheeler that goes by me......90% of sportbikes and standards wave back...........10% of HD riders do and 50% of that 10% are usually chicks's.................maybe HD are vibrating so much they cant remove a couple fingers back.....Its funny, most sportbike riders like almost anything on 2 wheels,, while most HD riders believe they should be the only bikes on the road

#9 ·
Holy shit, another wonderful us vs them thread. Ride whatever fucking bike you want and don't worry about what other people do. If somebody acts like an asshole because they don't like your bike get a different friend. Its really about as simple as that.:wallbash:

#10 ·
There in lies the danger, you have just started another HD bashing thread.........:yes:

It is two different styles of enjoying the experience of two wheels. Neither is right or wrong, better or worse than the other. It is all in what you enjoy & how you want to accomplish that enjoyment. Yes, there are obnoxious idiots in all groups, but they are typically the minority not the majority.

#17 ·
Not to get off on a tangent but if your friend is so shallow minded to think that all sport bike riders are idiots is he the type of person you want to associate with?

You ARE what you associate with...for example, if you have five friends and they are all assholes, the LIKELYHOOD you are an asshole is very very high.

If anyone of my non riding friends (or HD....or whatever) said all sport bike riders were idiots and really meant it...hasta la bye bye....:whistle:

Joe rides both a HD and an SV. Is he 50% idiot? Well maybe...just kidding Joe:bigclap: He's a friend so I can joke like that:pokey:

#12 ·
I had an old shovelhead back when hardley-fergusons were somewhat affordable. Never again.
There's an idiot that rides by my house late at night about twice a week with his loud-ass and slow as molasses harley that I'd dearly love to speak with for a few minutes (if I could be bothered to get out of bed). That's really one of the only things I have against Harleys; well, that and the death's-head garbage. Do I really have to worship death to own a harley? Oh, and that "rugged individualist" thing, too. Imagine, one hundred thousand rugged individualists... all riding the same friggin' bike...
Harleys can be interesting, but so can BMW's, Guzzis, R1's and ZX-10r's. I guess I just can't stand brand arrogance, no matter which brand the individual supports. I Enjoy riding, and sharing the joy that others have found in motorcycles as well.

#16 ·
No. That's why their girlfriends all have jobs. So they can afford to ride pillion on the worlds biggest vibrator. :whistle:
By the way, it's not just bikes. I personaly know a guy who bought a new F350, and when one of his co-workers jokingly said that he should have bought a Chevy, he beat the hell out of the guy with an ice scraper. The bumb shit got canned two years before retirement from the post office.

#14 ·
In the area where I live and ride there are a lot of motorcycles of every kind. I used to give a friendly wave to every rider I met until I noticed that most of the Harley riders didn't bother to wave back, or even deign to give me the finger. So now when I meet a Harley, I ignore it. Too bad tho - I've ridden Harleys and they have their place just like the SV does, but the prevailing attitude around here turns me off. I'll mention that one of my best old friends rides vintage Harleys and Indians, and he's not like that at all. It's not the bike, it's the person. If you're a fat assed out of shape tub of lard and you think riding a particular bike makes you tough and entitles you to a superior attitude, that's your problem. Heh, even if you're NOT out of shape! But if you're a decent person, riding a Harley doesn't change that a bit.

Rant over.:pinch:

#22 ·
IMHO HDs are ugly, obnoxious and ugly again...
Not to offend anyone, but it seems to me as though HD owners all have small penises, similar to those "macho" guys who drive lifted to the sky 4X4 trucks (w/o ever taking them off-road).
Compensation issue seems like!
:cheers:

#25 ·
You don't want to offend anyone & then turn around & write something completely offensive, makes sense to me.........:bash:

#24 ·
my uncle (the man that introduced me to bikes when i was 5) has 5 bikes. 2 honda motocrossers, a buell blast(bought for his son), an rd350 (completly restored by him) a heritage softail, and a brand new fat bob. he let me take his new fatty for a ride and i was really surprised at how nice of a bike it was. but even he will be the first one to tell you that he isn't a big harley fan, and as a matter of fact he thinks it's outragous how much harley charges for their accesories. point is, i'll ride with him anyday because he rides to ride, he isn't defined by his ride. theres asshats that feel like they have to justify what they ride by snuffing those that are different, but screw those schmucks, they don't know what its all about. the ones that do understand are you'r brothers and sisters no matter what there on.:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.