SV Portal Forums banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

· Oh boy...
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Roger that. I love bean oil. I have quite the two stroke street bike history
Ha...same here...but in the snow. Grew up on snow-mobiles and actually had some badass ones before I went to the 2 wheel street side of things.

Amsoil Sythetic was one of my favorites...Klotz = very unique smelling, buddy would only run that.(w00t)

Worked too late to get bike to stealer tonite, tomorrow for sure.:blank:

· Oh boy...
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Quicky update,
Not heard much from dealer as of yet. A week and a half ago they told me they have submitted the warrantee claim and were awaiting the green light to order the parts. Said that would be another week or so to get parts then them putting back together.:( So yay a waiting game.

Plus side, 1 buddy that I work with has 2 bikes, a 2002 I beleive GSXR1000 that he rides, and the 2004 CBR1000RR that he doesn't that much because of the ergoes and it's for some reason very herky jerky. Long story...was crashed pretty good by another co-worker, and this guy bought it and had the mechanic at work put it back together...rim rotors...fairings...mostly cosmetic, and he has only put maybe 1000 miles on it since then, when I got it from him ruffly a week ago had 4100...has 4600+ on it now...been ridin the shit outta it:) Is a great motor...gotta figure out why it is so herky jerky at slower speeds, other than that it is fun but WAY more uncomfy than the SV. One thing I will say is that it likes to RIP! And it hauls! May get into TPS and clean the shit outta it n see if that helps the lower speed small throttle opening jerkyness, other than that has Dunlop GP-A's on it(Sticky as HELL) race take-offs...have a local Dunlop guy for AMA down here that hooks us up from time to time. Very much confidence inspiring! Really like them! 190/55 rear is excellant. Have pushed it pretty good on street, nothin crazy, but no sqwiggles what-so-ever. Highly recommened if you don't mind replacing often.:)
Would LOVE to ride a 2008+ CBR1000RR to see how that is, but the Honda Hump on the tank is the biggest downside of this bike. Handles great and is awesome of him to let me flog it whilst mine is down. 200 mile day on it today and I can still move so it isn't that bad I guess. Enuff ramblin...nother update when I hear from dealer.:( Diggin the I-4..............

· Oh boy...
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Got her back this past Saturday, they called on Wednesday that is was done, couldn't get there til Sat...good to go. Replaced Stator too...was a lil chewed up so...I ain't complaining!:D

YAY!!!:supsmiley::bigclap:

· A square wheel rollin' !!
1,599 Posts
Everyone with failed rotor magnets needs to post it. Perhaps one of us or an Admin can start a thread and sticky it. Everyone with a failed rotor can post and say what year bike they had it fail on, how many miles, and what type of oil they used.

If we could get this in one thread and somewhat organised we might be able to get somewhere if Randy is still willing to represent us.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to post this idea on the SV Riders forum and/or any other SV forums you guys might know about.

.................................Blake

· I love my SV
5,793 Posts
Everyone with failed rotor magnets needs to post it. Perhaps one of us or an Admin can start a thread and sticky it. Everyone with a failed rotor can post and say what year bike they had it fail on, how many miles, and what type of oil they used.

If we could get this in one thread and somewhat organised we might be able to get somewhere if Randy is still willing to represent us.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to post this idea on the SV Riders forum and/or any other SV forums you guys might know about.

Good idea Blake...

· Moving at the speed of...
4,758 Posts

There are DL1000 owners that have suffered a similar problem, and I think I even remember seeing something on a 650 forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

· Oh boy...
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Man....very sorry to read about this. Again.

Question for you: Do you regularly get stuck in traffic and have the cooling fan cycling on and off? Being down there in Florida I'd imagine you run a bit on the hot side?
You kno, no, not really. Commute is one 3.5 miles. Then when we ride wkends usually avoid business. BikeWeek/BikeToberfest yes, that's crazy but nomally no.

· Registered
175 Posts
Well folks, the stator has to be replace and on track to doing this however i find that having a bad stator does decrease power.

Ill explain, i maybe wrong if so please correct. I figured that i would be ok on the track due to having two batteries and a damn good charger. However i noticed that when i would accelerate heavy i was losing power and could not understand why until i unplugged the regulator then it wouldnt happen then. Weird.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts