SV Portal Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,605 Posts
Ahhhh.... welcome to the site firstly.....wherebaouts in our wide brown land are you ?

And, i am pretty certain i have seen it done on a page somewhere, maybe not on here though....

No reason it cant be done, its just a matter of bracketery....maybe ask the seller if they have the bracket, that way you have a starting point to
work back to the bike from......and see if they have the filler panel from the top as well...

Your S model pastics and the fairing bracket will probably sell easily too when it comes time

Font Auto part Circle Art Diagram

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey mate, cheers for the reply I'm in Australia. Mounting the light won't be the issue I'm more worried about wiring etc. Just want to make sure it will work like it's ment to before I dive in if you know what I mean.

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,605 Posts
The SV uses H4 globes....that Z800 light is using H7 globes.....so you would need to put H7 sockets on the SV wiring....

Realised you were in Oz, just ondering where ruffly.....i'm up behind the Gold Coast....

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,605 Posts
Steel City huh.....no probs...

Should be able to pilfer some connectors at a wreckers.....car or bike....doesn't matter.....

And i think from memory that only one light works on low beam.....so, maybe another more electrical adept person can make comment on what
you should do with the wire connections.....

·
Registered
151 Posts
interesting idea to use that headlight, but what about gauges? looks like you wont be able to use stock gauge, maybe you could look at KOSO or VAPOR gauges, much smaller....
i would advice to keep the stock fairing somewhere in labeled box on shelf in case you change your mind....asking why? speaking from own experience, converted my S to bars n buell dual headlight and went back to fairing but got upper triple converted to bars and wouldnt go back...
anyway
welcome on the SV board !!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts