SV Portal Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2003 sv1000 which I intend to use for the track I’ve fitted gsxr k2 front forks and yolks,k2 rear ohlins shock and marchesini wheels I’m no sure if the geometry is now out has any body done this before? What set up do I need? Will it need new spring/valves?

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,321 Posts
Have a look at the reference i have attached..... that will tell you what the measurements are for the forks against original.....the rear shock eye-to-eye is possibly different too.....cant remember
the stock length, but, i run an 04 GSXR 1000 shock, which is 3mm longer, and that lifted the bike 10mm directly above the axle.
As long as you are within a few mm, it is then up to setting spring sag, for the bike, and then with you on it.....if the correct figures cant be reached, then you probably need to alter the springs.

I am not an expert on sag, but a search of the site will find some tips there.

Attachments

·
KNEE DRAGGER
5,122 Posts
Have a look at the reference i have attached..... that will tell you what the measurements are for the forks against original.....the rear shock eye-to-eye is possibly different too.....cant remember
the stock length, but, i run an 04 GSXR 1000 shock, which is 3mm longer, and that lifted the bike 10mm directly above the axle.
As long as you are within a few mm, it is then up to setting spring sag, for the bike, and then with you on it.....if the correct figures cant be reached, then you probably need to alter the springs.

I am not an expert on sag, but a search of the site will find some tips there.
Can you please further describe the the fork oil chart you have in this document. I can not make much sense of it. I notice the numbers in the further right columns add up to 100. Is this a mix ratio or something?
Thanks
-ms

·
Disturbed, very...
2003 SV1000S
1,321 Posts
Can you please further describe the the fork oil chart you have in this document. I can not make much sense of it. I notice the numbers in the further right columns add up to 100. Is this a mix ratio or something?
Thanks
-ms
Yeah, sorry...... forget that chart....forgot i included it....o_O....i was basing the mix values on the fluid i use all the time (Motul) to get the VI ratings.....that obvioulsy doen't stand true across
brands.......
I have removed the offending crap..... :poop:

·
KNEE DRAGGER
5,122 Posts
Yeah, sorry...... forget that chart....forgot i included it....o_O....i was basing the mix values on the fluid i use all the time (Motul) to get the VI ratings.....that obvioulsy doen't stand true across
brands.......
I have removed the offending crap..... :poop:
You can’t mix based on volume anyway. You need to do mass based index mixing to calculate blend values for both resulting viscosity and VI of the mix.
I did a write up some time ago about blending fluids. I am not sure if I ever posted it here or not, but shows the deltas of mixing fluids by just the assumed average/linear method and the mass fraction mixing results. If interested shoot me an email at schmidt314 at g m a i l dot com.
-ms

1 - 5 of 5 Posts